Ian Beattie plans and book of plans

When the Railway Modeller arrived there was a letter asking if there was an index of his plans available to staff and have been considering making it available to readers. There is a facility to read online back issues of the RM to those of us who subscribe

The reply also mentioned Ian wrote a book with some of his plans " Drawn and Described" published by Peco. Well I never noticed it being published. So looking up on Amazon I noticed a copy at £16 + postage and duly ordered it as others on Amazon were £65 or more

Well it arrived and is in mint condition, and not only will be an interesting read but also a great resource. Whilst I have a few GWR & SR plans books I only have one book covering other regions.

There are a couple on eBay, a cheaper one on auction and a dearer one on Buy it now. Given the book has been mentioned in the RM I decided to buy the Amazon copy

I think it would be a great asset if Peco shared any lists they have listing all the drawings which have been published in the Railway Modeller, I do have the odd model/kit outside my main interests and anything that aided my search for a specific loco would be very helpfull 

There used to be a list which was taken over by the British Railway Modelers of North America but has not been updated for years, so newer plans are not listed, also many of the mags are not readily available

Anyway this book is not only about plans but also has a description by Ian, a great read

• Like 1