Lenz DCC Decoders occasionally freezing after system started

RFS

• RMweb Gold

I've had a few instances of this problem over a long period and wondered whether others have seen this happening. Basically the problem is that, after the DCC system has been powered up, a particular loco (not always the same one) appears dead and will not respond to any commands. Picking it up and putting it on the programming track reveals no issues. After replacing it on the main track the loco then works with no problem. Last time this happened I simply powered the DCC system off and on again which resolved the issue. 

Today another occurrence. This time it's an EMU consist of Bachmann MLV+CEP+CEP. This formation seemed to be running sluggishly and also quite unusually noisily too. So I stopped the train, uncoupled the units to leave 12 inches of daylight between them and restarted the consist. The MLV and first CEP moved on normally but the second was dead. Again recycling the DCC command station (Roco Z21 black) resolved the issue. Credit to the MLV and single CEP whose motors were powerful enough to drag their dead sister around the layout, not to mention also the strength of the Hunt magnetic couplings too!

I have about 80 locos and multiple units, with 70 having Lenz decoders (Standard+ and Silver+) all at the latest firmware level. Remainder are Zimo.

Anyone else seen this problem with Lenz decoders, or any other make?

Edited by RFS
Spelling