Couplings.

I have a rake of the old Triang-Hornby Bowaters slurry tanks (R668) and would like to change the couplings. I have some of the West Hill Wagons Elite magnetic type but have just been looking at Accurascale's Instanter. Opinions please as to whether these would be suitable (would they fit the model) as they seem to look pretty close to those used on the real tanks (you'll need to zoom in on the photo).

Paul.  

1638128468_E6006SittingbourneClayfreighter230267.jpg.f5e62f7b6f70149735e0911007d0f105 (1).jpg

DSCF9170.JPG

Looks like you would need to smooth off the bump where the coupling hook should fit and then drill a hole for the Instanter hook.  Whether there is enough space to prevent buffer lock when the coupling is linked I wouldn't know.

9 hours ago, Paul_C said:

I have a rake of the old Triang-Hornby Bowaters slurry tanks (R668) and would like to change the couplings. I have some of the West Hill Wagons Elite magnetic type but have just been looking at Accurascale's Instanter. Opinions please as to whether these would be suitable (would they fit the model) as they seem to look pretty close to those used on the real tanks (you'll need to zoom in on the photo).

Paul.  

1638128468_E6006SittingbourneClayfreighter230267.jpg.f5e62f7b6f70149735e0911007d0f105 (1).jpg

DSCF9170.JPG

Easy Answer...... 

Dear Accurascale Gods, those clayliner wagons look really amazing, and being run in rakes would fit lovely within your 3 wagon packs and rake philosophy. It could also be your first tank, unless you have one in the pipeline (pardon the pun) and fits into 'quirky' with a fair geographical spread. There's original, plus later STS Blue, plus very dirty, which I am sure you would love to see weathered..... 

Submitted as temptation..... 

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/stsclaylinertta

I am sure that you have locomotives in the pipeline suited to this traffic and possibly with Saint Bayer at yourside maybe to use his divine knowledge of all things wagon to see if the chassis has any synergies with any other wagon placed on earth with the mere 'mortals' 

I would in return, purchase a rake, and make the appropriate offering and sacrifice from my wallet. 

Give it a couple of years for prayers to be answered...........

Amen.

P. S. If you don't, that PaulC fella is going to put your couplings on wagons without etched walkways!  (That's enough to frighten Fran into agreement!) 

Edited by Torbay Express
Addition
  • Like 2
  • Funny 2