Cornish Railways: Saltash to St Austell and St Austell to Penzance by Craig Munday

• RMweb Gold

I ordered both of these books published by Key Publishing from Kernow Model Rail over the weekend and they arrived safely today. 

https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/68539/Book---Britains-Railways-Series-3---Cornish-Railways-Saltash

https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/68958/Book---Britains-Railways-Series-6---Cornish-Railways

They have been published so as to break the photographic journey at St. Austell coming in a two book format. 

Having been off today I have had a good chance to start flicking through them. 

I realise these books by author Craig Munday were published a number of years ago and have been on my want list for a while.

If you are interested in Cornish railways from the 1980's to more recent times these books are well worth a read. Not only from a railway perspective but from an historical viewpoint as well. 

Craig is also keen to highlight the train or infrastructure in the landscape through his photography. With Cornwall as a backdrop this certainly brings about some spectacular images.

From a personal viewpoint I have been fortunate to meet Craig on a number of occasions during my Cornish railway photographing days. He even showed me around his office in Par!

He used to post on RMweb as well with  updates on his Cornish OO layout as well as his photographic updates on contemporary Cornwall railways.

Both of these books have brought back some great memories and are well worth purchasing if Cornwall and it's recent railway history floats your boat.

Cheers,

Mark

No connection. Just a happy customer! 

Edited by 46444
  • Like 5

• 2 months later...