RMweb

I really want to form a society...

2 hours ago, 009 micro modeller said:

This (in your first paragraph) is roughly how a lot of 009 and narrow gauge groups work, as I described. Slightly differently, there have also been at least a few ‘clubs’ that have basically been formed specifically to operate a particular layout and keep it going.

I’m intrigued by the second paragraph. How big are the layouts? Perhaps more to the point, how big is the shed?! 😀

The shed is not particularly large - probably about the size of a garage.

The layouts vary in size from 4' x 1' up to 16' x 4'6" but a lot of layouts share common parts. So the same fiddle yard and end curves may be used on several different layouts over the course of a couple of years before repeating (obviously those different layouts can't be exhibited at the same time).

• Like 1

Thank you all, maybe a few of us meeting up on a quiet pub night weekly or monthly might be a start and see where we get to. If that's no more than discussing railways, that's fine - it's the social aspect that I really need to address as I never get out.

This year I had my first night out in 20 years or so.

I will have baseboards built before the end of summer, remember, 40 years in planning.

if we just meet up, we don't need insurance & dbs checks until we move on.

• Like 1