The Great Model Railway Giveaway - Part 3

Phil Parker

• Administrators

It's your last chance to bag a free layout project - to be collected this time, from the Bristol show.

Our final giveaway is "DAHPR wagon works" - a OO gauge layout based on a modern(ish) wagon repair works. It's the most complete giveaway yet, all the modeller has to provide is some power, a controller and rolling stock. You could just add these and get yourself on the show circuit. However, some lights would be good, and legs to sit the model on as it's a bit low when on a table.

Then there is the control method. We've used DC, but you could easily plug a DCC controller in. Plug wiring should be standard for a Gaugemaster handheld, but we assume you can check this yourself. Imagine pottering around the yard with an 08, chuntering away.

Perhaps you'd prefer to back-date the model. Replace the tin shed and Portacabin with something older? It's all possible, that's the joy of this project.

To bag the model, send me an email - phil.parker@warnersgroup.co.uk - explaining how you see the layout developing. I'll then read through the mails, and pick the one that sounds most interesting. This shouldn't be too difficult a project, but you will need some modelling skills. We're not looking for hard-luck stories because I don't want to lumber anyone with a project they don't stand a chance of completing. I don't want to see the layout thrown away, I can do that, it needs to find a good home.

If you are that good home, you have until 9am, 24th April to get in touch.

Oh, and we aren't delivering. You will need to pick the model up from the BRM stand at Bristol. We'll put it back in its box, but you have to carry it to your car.

Then you take the model away. In a year or so, we'll get back in touch and see how the project is going, with the potential of a feature in BRM and possibly an invite to one of our shows.

So, over to you. We need someone to take this away on. Please.

• Like 6

Great to meet you on Sunday at the Bristol Show, Phil. Thanks again for choosing me to take on and develop the DHAPR railway. I'm looking forward to the challenge and I'll keep in touch to let you know how I get on. Best wishes, Chris.

• Like 4