Three Peaks Models

ThreePeaksModels

Hello All,

Three Peaks Models are a supplier of 3D printed scenery. Our products cover a range of town and rural scenes, alongside a few items suitable as wagon loads or industrial clutter. Items are unpainted, and some come as (fairly simple) kits.

We currently offer our range of items in N / 2mm, TT120, OO / 4mm and O / 7mm directly through our website: https://threepeaksmodels.co.uk/

It's also possible to print any of our items in more unusual scales, with some limits on how large or small we can produce some items (12 inch to the foot would be challenging!). Drop us a line, either here or through our website's contact form, if you're interested in that.

We're always eager to hear ideas for new items to produce, and also take commissions for design and printing - whether similar to our normal range, or something totally different (we've gone as large as parts for 5 inch gauge locomotives, for example).

We also attend a handful of shows throughout the year, including live 3D printing demonstrations. We're currently booked for Blackpool and North Fylde MRC (16-17 Sept), and Pendle Forest MRS (18-19 Nov).

Cheers,

Daniel and Jessica

Beer garden diorama - all items available from our website (excluding paving slabs)

pub_beer_garden_diorama.jpg.76f329b91f68af0848fadc22206164ca.jpg

Lancashire boiler barrel as a wagon load

ThreePeaksBoilerWagon.jpg.b7778ba77c43f4e12ce06bd72ed8f528.jpg

Edited by ThreePeaksModels
Add product sample photos
  • Like 6
  • Round of applause 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We've been a little quiet on here recently, but we have been busy. Our latest offering are our resin printed chimney pots. We have 9 different designs available and as usual are available in O, OO, TT120 and N (1:148).

More details on the chimney pots can be found here. Also if a particular style of chimney is out of stock for the gauge you are interested in, you can still order - we will produce more.

o_gauge_scale_model_chimney_pots_with_labels_small2.jpg.cb8e8442578003bd69c6487fddacd1aa.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Reading jweallans West End Workbench thread Jonathan had recently built one of these L&Y Diagram 1 Low Goods Wagons.

https://threepeaksmodels.co.uk/products/l-y-diagram-1-low-goods-wagon

Inspired, I ordered two from Three Peaks Models which arrived today.

Excellent packaging and a comprehensive instruction sheet with prototype information. 

The kit itself consists of two crisply printed pieces. The chassis and body, respectively. Minimal clean up is required and within minutes you have a ready made wagon. 

All that is required is a wheelset of choice. In this instance I have used Gibson spoked wagon wheels.

I understand brass waisted bearings are suitable for fitting from a post on Jonathan's thread.

I will do a blog entry shortly when they are finished. Certainly well recommended and all for £10.

I look forwards to further kits being announced in the Three Peaks Range.

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by 46444
Amended for comments on brass bearings
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...

Our next wagon kit is now available for pre-order: an L&Y Diagram 3 Covered Goods wagon, available in OO, TT120, and N.

Find it here on our website: https://threepeaksmodels.co.uk/products/l-y-diagram-3-covered-goods-wagon

lancashire_and_yorkshire_covered_goods_van_diagram_3_oo_side_view.jpg.04146e429cc98689c4a6cf828dda042a.jpg

These wagons - which we'd call vans in modern terminology - were the L&Y's main design of covered goods wagon from the 1870s until 1904, after which more modern designs were introduced. A large number of them survived into LMS service, accounting for 1% of the LMS wagon fleet at the 1923 grouping. The Diagram 3 had fallen out of favour by the 1930s, due to its small size and capacity compared to more modern designs, but a few survived in use as private owner wagons - including with Cadbury's until at least the 1970s. One such example is preserved at the Chasewater Railway.

L&Y covered wagons featured a distinctive canvas flap over one of the doors. The flap could be rolled back to improve access when loading and unloading - and with diminutive 5ft high doors, one can definitely appreciate the need for it! Photographic evidence of the flaps actually being used is quite scarce - perhaps because of the extra hassle of moving the flap and the need to turn wagons to position the flap side - suggesting that the L&Y kept providing them mainly out of habit. However, they definitely make for an interesting feature on a model!

The wagon comes as a three-part kit, similar to our two-part Diagram 1 wagon kit. Hollow space is available inside the two-part wagon body to add extra weight to the model to improve running. Our set of instructions and historical notes for the kit can be viewed here.

Pre-orders will start being shipped from the 4th of April. As with all of our products, this is not a limited run, so don't worry about missing out - the pre-order period just allows us to prepare the initial batch of models based on customer demand.

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

With the brilliant announcement of the above L&Y Diagram 3 Covered Van I thought I would show you progress of my builds of the Diagram 1 Low Goods wagons.

Wagons Roll....

Further weathering awaits!

Wagons Roll....

Lovely quality produced kits and well recommended. 

Cheers,

Mark 

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A bit of weathering on the LMS version.

Even Moor Wagons!...

Purely fictitious of course...

Couplings to be added and light weathering to the BR version. Suitable loads to be fitted.

Even Moor Wagons!...

A well recommended kit.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of photos of a painted-up version of our Diagram 3, having finally found some spare time!

Pre-orders will be shipping in the morning, and anyone tempted by one can find it on our website in OO, TT120, and N gauge: https://threepeaksmodels.co.uk/products/l-y-diagram-3-covered-goods-wagon

In addition, we have slightly altered the design of the OO/4mm versions of both the D3 and the D1 to include a coupling hook slot in the headstock, for those wanting to use 3-link couplings (not shown in the photos - an earlier version!). Cosmetic coupling hooks are now included for that version to cover the slot if a different scale is being used.

painted_scale_model_oo_l_and_y_diagram_3_covered_good_wagon_side_on.jpg

painted_scale_model_oo_l_and_y_diagram_3_covered_good_wagon_.jpg

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 1

Very rarely am I at the cutting edge of anything, but while painting the porch late this morning, the postman rang the bell.  Very quick photos, so apologies for the quality.

Inside the box were the instructions and three zip lock bags, one with the chassis, another with the two-part body and the third with NEM mounts and coupling hooks.  Straight out of the bags and plonked together:

LY_Dia3_2.png.4a10f2985b448ef61f3edefb540bbff1.png

Sadly none of the buffers survived transit despite the packaging, all heads broken off and one with damage to the shank as well.  Brave pills required to drill them out and replace with some of my dwindling stocks of steel heads I think. (The Dia 1 open that I also ordered arrived with no damage).

LY_Dia3_3.png.b5980ba592fc7d6cb8b64352efe63a1f.png

I've not been a big user of 3D prints so far, but the print quality looks good, lines only visible from some angles and fine enough I'm hoping will vanish under some primer. The floor and ends are a separate part to the sides and roof (hatchless version coming?) and didn't quite met up with the lowest plank as supplied.  A warm bath and a little bit of finger pressure looks like it will get everything to line up.

LY_Dia3_1.png.0a3c206f399f97ca328d257c5acd761f.png

Everything currently having a wash down ready for a bit of prep and primer.

I will probably not finish the porch today...

• Like 3

On 03/04/2024 at 19:47, MR Chuffer said:

And now onto a L&Y Tin Tab Break Van...? I'll take 2 to start with.

It's certainly a popular request! Making its way steadily up the list...

On 05/04/2024 at 12:39, 41516 said:

Sadly none of the buffers survived transit despite the packaging, all heads broken off and one with damage to the shank as well.  Brave pills required to drill them out and replace with some of my dwindling stocks of steel heads I think. (The Dia 1 open that I also ordered arrived with no damage).

Sorry to hear about the damage in transit - do feel free to drop us a line about damage and we can send a replacement (while also pondering how to improve the protection for shipping!).

• Friendly/supportive 1