Colour for behind clear windows on low relief factory

I am playing with recovered buildings to form a low relief backscene, a Metcalfe or Superquick engine shed and an unknown bus garage with a load of Wills arches.   

The problem is the blue wall behind the clear windows looks horrible.  What colour do you think would look the part for a factory which is in use.  Thinking Orange at present.  Any other ideas?

Hiding the fact that the road goes nowhere is a bigger challenge.  The Hording is pretty implausible.  The wording is "When a mishap occurs a Fag clams thee nerves"  is more Yorkshire than Wiltshire.   The yellow sign reads   "BrandeX the standard by which all others are judged."

DSCN0348.JPG

DSCN0347.JPG

DSCN0349.JPG

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

I would go for dark grey as it gives the impression of some light rather than a glaring colour or total darkness.

What you could do is to build up a narrow box of grey mounting board behind the low relief structures which would not only give them a bit of relief but also solve the window conundrum.

at the bridge end, you could then angle the end of the building to match the angle of the road and bridge; not perfect but at least giving the impression that the world continues.

I know it’s a bit (lot) bigger but here’s a (not completed at that time) mill I built as  a backscene filler. Although it’s obvious that it’s truncated, the fact that it’s 3D rather than 2D suggests that it continues, imagination kind of fills in the blanks

PreparationH006_zps59821c76.jpg

• Like 2