Fulgurex/Lemaco Signals in N Scale - Information Requested

DIW

• RMweb Premium

I have ready for deployment some N scale signals, Lemaco/Fulgurex type 4084 (2-aspect red/green) and 4086 (4-aspect distant, greens/ambers).

I have done fruitless google searches for instructions or information on these, and searching within RM Web' Swiss section for "signals" brings me information on the modern products from Schneider and Mafen.

The Lemaco/Fulgurex products are older technology, and appear to have filament lamps, so the questions I have are:

Has anyone knowledge of the nominal operating voltage of these? Whilst 12v/14v would be typical I feel it is wise to ask if anyone knows for sure!

Ha anyone the further knowledge of the current drawn by these lamps? That information will allow me to have a sufficient power supply to drive the signals.

Many thanks!

Dave

Hello DIW

There are several knowledgeable n-gauge modellers on here, but a quick google search suggests that these signals might be available under the Kyodo brand, with numbers running in the 42xx range, rather than the 40xx as per your post. Boxed examples seem to come with an instruction leaflet, while the boxes themselves are labelled 12/14V. However I strongly advise obtaining a leaflet…

Best regards

Christian

Edit: An old Fulgurex ad states 14-19V for both N and H0:

https://www.altemodellbahnen.de/t58757f142-Fulgurex-Signal.html

Edited by chb2488
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi CHB,

Many thanks for your reply - that link has the information for me right there!  It has the voltage rating with picture of the signals.

I must admit to some envy of the OP in the link obtaining his signals all for 2 euros in 2020. I paid £10 for a pack of five Fulgurex 4086 several years ago, for the same reason as the OP did - at the price it was worth buying for the future. Since then I've picked up more, some branded Lemaco but with the same part number.

It looks like the replies in the link were posted by by a fellow who's on RMWeb too - @sncf231e - is that you?

Thanks again,

Dave