The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Help required with a Seagate Personal Cloud device on my PC.

stewartingram

Some time ago, I purchased a couple of these storage devices from PC World, and have never got round to using them properly, but now want to. When new, I installed them (I'll just talk of 1 only from now on, they are identical). There was a dedicated Seagate download, which allowed access , and installed a "dashboard" which gave control of the drive. This allowed setting up of folders, editing, etc. I did use this to work with, but I didn't use the drive much at the time. I now do, but can't get it to work.

Basically, in recent years Seagate have decided the Personal Cloud range is past its sell-by, and have withdrawn support, the Dashboard downlod being withdrawn. They did at the time state that there was an alternative method, using (I believe) an 3rd party NAS driver(?) but I now can't find details. Can anyone assist please?

• RMweb Gold

My Personal Cloud NAS still works fine and is visible through File Explorer on my PC as being part of my Network.  I also still have the Seagate Media Android app on my phone.  This also works as expected as long as I am on the same wifi connection as my NAS.

As far as I am aware, the only functionality no longer "easily" available is remote access to the drive when outside of your home network.  However this is still possible  :  https://www.seagate.com/gb/en/support/kb/nas-os-discontinued-remote-access/

Steve