Identification help

Hi

is anyone on here able to identify these detail parts that i found on my layout. 

they have obviously fallen off something, and i have had a look at recently run items but its beaten me and i cannot identify what they have fallen off. 

by some miracle does anyone on here know what they are from?

cheers

Dan

unknown.jpg

14 minutes ago, Dan Griffin said:

Hi

is anyone on here able to identify these detail parts that i found on my layout. 

they have obviously fallen off something, and i have had a look at recently run items but its beaten me and i cannot identify what they have fallen off. 

by some miracle does anyone on here know what they are from?

cheers

Dan

unknown.jpg

Might be locomotive brake hangers and rodding?

Edited by Paul H Vigor
to add information
  • Agree 3

Certainly  looks  like  brake  rigging,  possibly  from  the  underside  of  a van  or  wagon,  or  even  carriage  bogies?  looks  more  like  pull  rods  and  fulcrum  levers  rather  than  actual  brake  rods  and  hangers,  could  be  mounted  horizontally  or  vertically.  Look  underneath  your  models  along  the  centre  line  for  likely  pins  which  the  were  clipped  to.

Pete

Mystery solved! Quite by accident! The parts above come from the tops of Heljan Co-Bo bogies! I had fitted head code discs to the model and noticed when i put it back on the layout where they were. I bet they became loose when i took the body off to fit a chip. The body was very tight fit! At least  i can stop checked all my rolling stock now! 

IMG_7266.jpeg

IMG_7267.jpeg

• Like 1