Thompson BSK Sleeper Conversion

jessy1692

Evening all, been doing some reading up and have seen there are old topics about these but they are locked?

So, I have a Bachmann 4 compartment Thompson BSK and I'm planning on doing E1690E (I think) the last one was) in blue and grey.  It aparantly ran on the York-Inverness motorail. As far as I can fathom there were 2 conversions in 1957 to make sleeper brakes, only one survived to B&G livery but externally not a lot of change?

Any thoughts, info or pics greatly received. Something a bit interesting to run with Newton Chambers wagons due soon.

Cheers

James

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure there is a topic on this in @robertcwp Coaching stock group on .io going back some. Also discussed on here as you have alluded to. Google the group and subscribe as there is some very interesting stuff on there and you'll find yourself disappearing down a rabbit hole for hours! 

Regards

Guy

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I think a picture appeared on here as its the only thompson non buffet or original sleeper to cary blue and grey.  Not sure of the arrangements of beds but I think it was 4 per compartment.  Don't know if it was fitted with washers basins 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, balders said:

I'm pretty sure there is a topic on this in @robertcwp Coaching stock group on .io going back some. Also discussed on here as you have alluded to. Google the group and subscribe as there is some very interesting stuff on there and you'll find yourself disappearing down a rabbit hole for hours! 

Regards

Guy

Cheers Guy, just signed up. I think k I may have signed up to the taboo one many moons ago so will be good to get onto the latest one. Fully expect to come up with more projects from everything on there!

Cheers

James

19 minutes ago, russ p said:

I think a picture appeared on here as its the only thompson non buffet or original sleeper to cary blue and grey.  Not sure of the arrangements of beds but I think it was 4 per compartment.  Don't know if it was fitted with washers basins 

Cheers Russ, yeah it does seem a pic was on am old thread but seems locked out now, it's a pretty rare coach so not surprised details are scarce.

Iv had my Dad going through railway mags from when they were converted but so far no articles have come to light.

Cheers

James

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, jessy1692 said:

Cheers Russ, yeah it does seem a pic was on am old thread but seems locked out now, it's a pretty rare coach so not surprised details are scarce.

Iv had my Dad going through railway mags from when they were converted but so far no articles have come to light.

Cheers

James

I seem to remember the picture was taken at Newcastle 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1