Cal Scale detailing parts - UK availability?

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a UK dealer selling HO Cal Scale parts for US steam engines. I want item 190-299 steam engine bell and bracket front mount set. I see them on eBay but the shipping cost from the US is prohibitive for such a small part. I need the bell to replace the missing bell on an HO Bachmann 2-8-4 Berkshire I bought second hand.

I did wonder about contacting the Bachmann US spares service as an option (I have the part number from the exploded component part diagrams on their website). The UK service department have been very helpful with UK outline models but I have never tried the US arm.

• RMweb Premium

I would give Bachmann UK a try first just in case they can get the part in from their US arm (they do sell some Bachmann US items in the UK) otherwise try Bachmann USA direct. 

As for obtaining US detailing parts in the UK, unfortunately you can pretty much forget it, there is very little available this side of the Atlantic and no sign of any further supplies coming over to one of the very few UK stockists of such items (a dwindling number) anytime soon.

As you say, postage from the US is unbelievably extortionate but I have discovered these people in Canada:

https://www.tmrdistributing.com/presta/index.php?id_product=11395&controller=product&search_query=190-299&results=1

They charge far less for overseas postage, have a very impressive range of parts and delivery has often taken less than a week, just a satisfied customer here.

Edited by John M Upton
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2