Another Selby questions

doilum

Can anyone point me in the direction of a reliable information source regarding the paint schemes for LNER stations?

One for the.NER would also work, it might be slightly toned down on a weathered condition. Our time period is 1930s so either would work. We would like to be accurate to one or the other.

• RMweb Premium

If you can get to the NYMR, I believe Pickering station is painted in a good representation of the LNER 1930s colour scheme.  Failing that there are probably pictures of it on line!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Floor plans.

As you have been so helpful previously I thought I would try again.

We have excellent external drawings and have commissioned some fabulous windows and doors but I am trying to find a plan that shows the purpose of each of the internal rooms.  A site visit is not difficult and, being Grade two listed, I am hopeful that the internal walls haven't been messed about beyond recognition. This plea is the long shot that someone has just what I need!

Edited by doilum

• RMweb Premium

@doilum Is this site of any use to you? (scroll page down for other related items)

Seems to be aimed at hard-copy purchases but in conjunction with Network Rail Archives.

(Tried searching the NR website for archive material but could only find relatively recent stuff - maybe I'm just looking in the wrong area, they obviously hold a lot of historical info.)

Edited by keefer

10 hours ago, keefer said:

@doilum Is this site of any use to you? (scroll page down for other related items)

Seems to be aimed at hard-copy purchases but in conjunction with Network Rail Archives.

(Tried searching the NR website for archive material but could only find relatively recent stuff - maybe I'm just looking in the wrong area, they obviously hold a lot of historical info.)

Could be exactly what I need. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

A quick update. I managed ( thanks to my good lady's incredible short vision) to decifer an NER plan from 1906 which details the use and dimensions of each room. I now have a good working plan.

Next question. Probable internal paint scheme for the early 1930s?

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Anyone with ideas about the type of station catering that a traveller might expect in the 1920/30s?

Selby had separate first and third dining rooms but neither were much larger than the waiting rooms. Both were served from a single “parlour” just eight feet wide.

I am currently building up interior fittings but have little more than the 1908 room descriptions to go on. Any help much appreciated.

Edited by doilum

On 29/06/2023 at 20:56, doilum said:

A quick update. I managed ( thanks to my good lady's incredible short vision) to decifer an NER plan from 1906 which details the use and dimensions of each room. I now have a good working plan.

Next question. Probable internal paint scheme for the early 1930s?

Another update. One of our group made a site visit and ended up talking to a member of staff in her office. He took a photo of the amazing original NER fireplace ( which we had 3D printed) and the bright primrose floor to ceiling ceramic  tiling  which we believe was to be found in all the rooms. My good lady matched the pattern , rescaled it, added the black tiled skirting and printed it on semi glossy card. Instant interiors.

• Like 5