Please identify these 16 ton mineral wagons

Listed as part of the current Hattons sale was two packs listed as Hornby R6473 Railroad range 16 ton mineral wagons.  I liked the look of the wagons in each pack and picked up both packs for GBP22.00 each after VAT removal.  I was intrigued as to the detail on the waggons and why a Railroad range model would have NEM pockets.  It was only after Googling the model number that I realised that these waggons are not the Railroad range models but obviously another product that has been placed inside the original Hornby packaging.  Please identify what I have purchased.  Thankyou.

Link to models in question.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklistdatabase/stockdetail?sid=1279827

• RMweb Gold

They look to me very much like Bachmanns; the maker should be identified on the bottom if you turn the wagons over.  If so, you've had a bargain; Baccy minerals are much better than Hornbys', full fat or Railroad, as the Hornbys use an incorrect generic scale 10' wheelbase chassis which is a foot too long, and stretch the bodies to fit.  £7.33 per wagon is very reasonable for Bachmanns, and the new ones retail at £28. 

These are MoT liveried wagons, produced in the period 1942-7, and absorbed by BR at Nationalisation.  They were all eventually repainted in the BR grey livery, but would have run for some time into the 50s in the original livery.  Given some of the insane pricing found in Hat's secondhand listings, it's good to see someone clawing a bit back...

Oxford also provide correct 9' wheelbase minerals, but theirs are 7-planker wooden types.  All the other RTR manufacturers, including Dapol, and including secondhand Airfix, Lima, Hornby Dublo/Wrenn, and Trix, use incorrect generic chassis and are worth avoiding!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

So much for the suggestion elsewhere that Hattons used item section is an over priced rip off! You appear to have taken a gamble and ended up with better items than you expected.

Congratulations.

• Agree 3