Heljan 0 gauge Railcar

terrysoham

Does anyone have a Heljan 0 gauge AC railcar?  I have had to replace some wiring and the pickups.  Now when I run it forwards, the upper LED and the driver’s panel LED illuminates but at the reverse end. And vice versa.  None of lower LEDs illuminate.

The 21 pin circuit board has micro connectors marked CN1 to CN9.     I am trying to map the connections so I can resolve the LED problem.

I would like to make contact with anyone who owns one of these models.

Thanks

Terry Metcalfe

• RMweb Premium

Hi Terry,

I have one, I didn’t notice that problem when test running it, not saying it wasn’t there.

I tried to fit a 21 pin decoder into the socket but it was a very sloppy fit so inoperable.

Same decoder went into a Heljan 05 so no problem with it.

Be interested to hear how you get on & happy to compare my model (currently dismantled in box ) if that helps.

Dava

Dava,

The running issues were resolved by dint of careful use of my multimeter and my magnifier headset to map circuit board.

The problem of lights direction not being the same as railcar direction was resolved by reversing the wires leading to CN5.

Gaugemaster have asked Heljan on my behalf whether they can supply the connectors (both plug and socket) or what the specification is or where they source them from.

Now supplied thank to both companies.

All I have to do now is tidy up the wiring and put the body back on!

if you have all the bits, would you like some help with reassembly?  It seems a shame to let what I have learned go to waste.

Kind regards

Edited by terrysoham
Correction