Thorneycroft steam wagon and trailer .stl file

• RMweb Gold

For those modelling railways of a certain age and who have a resin printer (or knows someone with one) this might be of interest. Although scaled at 1/148 it obviously can be scaled up in your slicer for other scales. It looks fairly detailed so should print well.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5697004

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5697044

• Like 2

I can vouch for Slanjanok’s work and his prodigious output. I am in touch with Sascha regularly and he has been designing a growing range of containers as that’s his key area of interest, but he does some railway related road vehicles too. I have seen his preproduction photos of an AEC Y type and a charabanc. He has also just done an LMS D50/LNER B6/GWR BX4? Container which I am trying to print at the minute on my Ender 3 S1. Unfortunately I changed something in my profile a couple of months back and no amount of changing settings has delivered the same quality of prints I was getting in January and February.

Sacha’s LNER/LMS Steel containers are superb as are the LMS meat containers he did largely for me, but has shared online. His private owner furniture container can be printed with doors open or closed. The open version is a work of art with the interior batten detail. Plus he has removal men and figures done too. And he is kind enough to release all these for free. He has other designs done which I have tested printed a few months ago but we are holding off on them until we can get someone to do suitable transfers. I will be approaching Fox shortly about the LNER liveries but the LMS ones are more intricate and I need more details, such as font/type face, etc. If anyone has any info in that area please let me by a post here or private PM. GWR liveries are also a mystery to me in that regard despite have all the standard references.

• Like 1

I should have added that while Sascha models in 2mm his design print very well in 4mm. At 0.05 layer height to get the best curve on the roof a 4mm print with supports can take anywhere from 9-20 hours depending on the supports used. The steel and ply containers are about 9-12 hours, planked versions are longer.

• Like 1