Glasgow subway workshop diorama

I have perhaps another dozen or so dioramas which might be worth posting here - mostly of a static nature. The Glasgow Subway was (and is) not your typical British narrow gauge railway. Originally cable-worked, it was converted to third rail electric operation, in which form I have modelled the workshops. Uniquely, I think, the cars were lifted out of the running tunnels so there were no points. Again, most components are 3D printed. The scale is (I think) 1:148.

SubPopulated

There is also a diorama of one of the stations but that can wait for another thread - I am currently marking GCSE physics papers and have had quite long enough on the computer already today.

• Like 18
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

So this was the Glasgow Subway station diorama, with the distinctive stairways to the surface. Paper printed track was not one of the better decisions.

Sub357

When I rode the Subway before it was closed for refurbishment I had my 16 plus exams still in prospect. Half a century on, I am about a third of the way through my allocation of exam scripts to mark. I'm sure handwriting was better in my day ...

• Like 5