Kitmaster French coaches

roythebus1

I've recently cleared out a late friend's railway collection, it includes about 6 part-made and unmade Kitmaster stainless steel coaches. Are these accurate models? I know the German "umbauwagen" coaches are quite accurate as I've compared them with the Roco coaches and they are almost as good. These kits are seeking a good home.

12 hours ago, roythebus1 said:

Are these accurate models? 

Sizewise they are accurate. See here the Kitmaster next/above to a 40 year old Europolitrain passenger car of exactly the same type. The Europolitrain cars were considered very good at that time:

P1100474.JPG.2099817969807f3af546ea10699bab01.JPG

Regards

Fred

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

23 hours ago, roythebus1 said:

I've recently cleared out a late friend's railway collection, it includes about 6 part-made and unmade Kitmaster stainless steel coaches. Are these accurate models? I know the German "umbauwagen" coaches are quite accurate as I've compared them with the Roco coaches and they are almost as good. These kits are seeking a good home.

Yes, the Kitmaster 'DEV Inox' coaches were verty good for the era. Much more accurate than other makes at the time. Somehow Kitmaster got it right - was it because they were not 'ready to run' models

• Like 1
  • Agree 2