Using Digikejis DR4088 LN and Yamorc YD6016LN

ITG

• RMweb Gold

I have 5 of the DIgikejis DR4088LN current sensors but as I build the layout I realise I want a few more feedbacks than the 80 this gives me. Given the demise of DIgikejis, if I add one or more Yamorc YD6016LN units, do I still use the loconet cable connections to link all 6 (or more) continuously together? If not, how would I do this? I’m not actually planning to enable Loconet at the onset, it maybe something I get to later.

thanks

Ian

You use the YD6016LN in exactly the same way as you use the DR4088LN-CS units. and can daisy chain them together. Keep a DR4088LN chain to 8 or less units because the Loconet can cause issues above this number.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, WIMorrison said:

You use the YD6016LN in exactly the same way as you use the DR4088LN-CS units. and can daisy chain them together. Keep a DR4088LN chain to 8 or less units because the Loconet can cause issues above this number.

Thanks, as I thought, but wanted to check before finalising purchase.

3 hours ago, WIMorrison said:

For clarity it is only the Digikeijs units that have issues with more than 8 in a chain, this restriction doesn't apply to the Yamorc units.

hi Iain, would this be a power requirement issue with the Digikeijs in that the loconet power needs to boosted as loconet voltage is reduced to much

Andy, I understand the limitation is due to errors in the Loconet implementation which couldn't be corrected as the DR4088LN was not updateable. The errors were corrected in the Yamorc Loconet implementation.

I do know people who have used more than 8 x DR4088LN and don't have issues, but not many people with more than 10 x DR4088LN have not had issues with failures of occupancy reporting :(

I can't recall what the official Digitrax maximum number of occupancy detectors is for one Loconet, however I would suggest that a large, or busy layout might need more than one Loconet which isn't an issue when using automation as you simply add more interfaces - and if you are not using automation then you probably wont be using occupancy detectors anyway 😃

• Like 1

Y

44 minutes ago, WIMorrison said:

Andy, I understand the limitation is due to errors in the Loconet implementation which couldn't be corrected as the DR4088LN was not updateable. The errors were corrected in the Yamorc Loconet implementation.

I do know people who have used more than 8 x DR4088LN and don't have issues, but not many people with more than 10 x DR4088LN have not had issues with failures of occupancy reporting :(

I can't recall what the official Digitrax maximum number of occupancy detectors is for one Loconet, however I would suggest that a large, or busy layout might need more than one Loconet which isn't an issue when using automation as you simply add more interfaces - and if you are not using automation then you probably wont be using occupancy detectors anyway 😃

yes there is a limitation on total connected loconet devices, but this is due to loconet voltage. As you know I do use an extreme amount of loco net devices arround 80 at this time but with the upgraded layout will be more. I’ve got arround the Voltage issues with digitrax LNRPs which aswell as protecting loconet into smaller zones has the benefit of stabilising voltage. 

Andy, it isn't the voltage that causes a Loconet issue for most systems it is available current. Many command stations are limited to a max ~20-25 Loconet units because of the current drawn, with most only providing 500mA. With a YD6016LN drawing 20mA you have a max of 25 units, before you need a Loconet Power supply to allow further modules to be connected - up to the absolute max of 4096, but that would be a very large layout!

41 minutes ago, RobinofLoxley said:

Can these units be mixed together within the same chain?

On 09/07/2023 at 09:08, WIMorrison said: