Barrington Light Railway - how long left (and future)?

I occasionally have a look at this line when in the area or passing through Foxton on the train. I know the history of it as an industrial line and now being used to bring spoil from construction projects to infill the quarry, however I was wondering how long the latter is expected to continue for? I seem to remember the original planning permission when the line was relaid and upgraded as only being for about 5 years, but I realise this has been extended since. There is a planning document somewhere mentioning a 15 year extension but I’m not sure if that is actually happening.

Also, have there been any suggestions for further use afterwards? I was under the impression that it would become a cycleway to link the new housing development to Foxton station but interestingly this document suggests a cycleway alongside the BLR, while it is still in use: https://cambridgeshire.cmis.uk.com/CCC_live/Document.ashx?czJKcaeAi5tUFL1DTL2UE4zNRBcoShgo=htEzruMfDHgd%2B8C2bhnfGU%2FkvIN9YWsqEgBXi0HEIPiN7N8rbpSnKg%3D%3D&rUzwRPf%2BZ3zd4E7Ikn8Lyw%3D%3D=pwRE6AGJFLDNlh225F5QMaQWCtPHwdhUfCZ%2FLUQzgA2uL5jNRG4jdQ%3D%3D&mCTIbCubSFfXsDGW9IXnlg%3D%3D=hFflUdN3100%3D&kCx1AnS9%2FpWZQ40DXFvdEw%3D%3D=hFflUdN3100%3D&uJovDxwdjMPoYv%2BAJvYtyA%3D%3D=ctNJFf55vVA%3D&FgPlIEJYlotS%2BYGoBi5olA%3D%3D=NHdURQburHA%3D&d9Qjj0ag1Pd993jsyOJqFvmyB7X0CSQK=ctNJFf55vVA%3D&WGewmoAfeNR9xqBux0r1Q8Za60lavYmz=ctNJFf55vVA%3D&WGewmoAfeNQ16B2MHuCpMRKZMwaG1PaO=ctNJFf55vVA%3D

(To be fair, it does also say elsewhere that ‘the railway tracks would be removed’, but this might refer specifically to within the quarry area itself.)

I think there were some vague suggestions of either running some kind of lightweight railcar to provide a service to Foxton, or even heritage operation, although I don’t think these were particularly serious and I can see some obvious problems with both of these ideas. Have there been any more serious proposals for further rail-based use of the route?

I must see if I can go and take a few photos when trains are actually running (the only ones I currently have are very old, from the period after closure but before reopening for spoil trains; they do include the plinthed loco outside the works though - now at Rocks By Rail).

• Informative/Useful 1