Gloucester 1970’s Banger BR Blue in N Gauge

carlwooduk

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, JeffP said:

I spot one of the PWM locos.

Didn't know they were available in N gauge?

I always thought pictures of the rear of the shed from the level crossing, had atmosphere. There's a good one on the internet of 1200 "Falcon" there, but I don't think you can get that in N?

Hi Jeff, the PWM  shunter is a 3D print by David Hope. he does  2 versions ; i chose the unpowered one as back in the day I allways seemed to see them on Depot ; in a siding never moving. Transfers by Railtec.

The Falcon is a decent  Resin Body from Leicester Railway Modellers on a Farish  Class 50 chassis.  Pic 2 in my previous Post has 1200  poking its head from the rear shed doors .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Some progress to share on the Signal Panel Box for Gloucester and the Level crossing Barriers.

The Panel box was built in late 60’s and still exists today. Using lots of reference photos and Google Earth was able to plan the building and slightly compress for available space as in reality is was 130ft or 26cms long in N Gauge. It’s still a long building at 200mm.

Built using a mounting board card in and various types of embossed Plasticard / Windows from Yorks Models. Will need   painting and final details added, Fire escape stairs, Glazing and glazing bars, maybe some Aircon units ( did panel boxes have Aircon in 1970’s ? ).

The crossing barriers are a 3D print with scale model scenery mesh. Again some more details to add and final painting.  It will be modelled in the Permanent down position an eventually some working N Gauge light from DMG when their N Gauge version is finally sorted.

Period cars  and 1013 Western Range complete the WIP scene.

IMG_2995.jpeg.c3112a02b37061b7d8c21923a9a9eae2.jpeg

IMG_2992.jpeg.fd769daf5a547462e8242e750dee09ed.jpegIMG_2992.jpeg.fd769daf5a547462e8242e750dee09ed.jpeg

Edited by carlwooduk
Typo
  • Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Just found this, I come from that area. I will be following this.

The usual PWM was 650, the first one, different to 651 to 654, I am building the JE kit in 00

651 was there in 80s in yellow, pretty sure I saw 654 there as well but not sure on colours.

I do remember seeing  UKF fertiliser wagons.

Are you getting an A27 autocoach for the depot?

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, MJI said:

Just found this, I come from that area. I will be following this.

The usual PWM was 650, the first one, different to 651 to 654, I am building the JE kit in 00

651 was there in 80s in yellow, pretty sure I saw 654 there as well but not sure on colours.

I do remember seeing  UKF fertiliser wagons.

Are you getting an A27 autocoach for the depot?

Glad this brings make memories, the PWM is 650  another pic below. A contact has also mentioned about the Autocoach that was moved to GL he thinks around 79 / 80. It was used for storage of Paperwork files etc from the depot offices. 

Hope you can help with a question. What livery was it in and can you recall if it was recently painted or more faded? It would be another fine quirky model to include.

IMG_3914.jpeg.765a8b911ad9023f0bc141a3cab5cb24.jpeg

IMG_2625.jpeg.1ce4cd3d7ff103a4bbe8064f1e9ccc04.jpeg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I will have to check pictures at Toddington as my only Horton road 169 is on tri-x. So that would be grey.

May have been faded crimson.

Will hunt for more pictures

• Like 1