Does anyone actually know how well Hornby TT:120 is doing?

Chris M

This is not important, just musing. I wonder how well TT:120 is selling? The initial deliveries seemed to sell out at lightning speed which looked good. Now there seems to be varying pointers and various people saying different things. I don’t know if any of what is being said has any fact behind it. 

On the positive side there do seem to be plenty of accessory manufacturers providing British TT:120. They wouldn’t be doing this if they didn’t see a market for it. Also on the positive side new products have appeared from Hornby with plenty more promised. On the not so sure side Hornby are now selling discounted bundles. This could be to help keep sales going through what was always going to be a quiet summer or it could be to shift some stock. Another thing that might be a minus is the fairly early decision to sell through “selected model shops”. I believe Hornby were always going to do this long term but if they were selling all they could get by themselves I’m sure they would not of put the product out to shops just yet. On the other hand this change could just be a by product of Simon leaving and a new regime taking over. Of course the mere fact that Simon has retired could be a sign of problems or could just be a sign of his age.

I was under the impression things were going very well but others are saying this is not the case. Are these people just naysayers? They easily could be.

I’m not wanting to start any Hornby bashing here, just wondering if anyone had any solid information about how TT:120 sales were going compared to what Hornby were planning?

You might as well read the Hornby TT:120 thread - all this and more has been discussed and is currently being discussed there. The current topic (amongst others) is whether it is worth renewing the TT:120 Club membership...

• AY Mod locked this topic