Help needed on a Proto 2000 loco H10-44.

GW Jim

• RMweb Premium

Hello.

I’m after some advice please from anyone who has removed the body shell from an HO Walthers Proto 2000 loco H10-44.

I’m looking to install a sound decoder but am a bit reluctant to go pushing and shoving on the body as its very thin plastic indeed!!!

Any help would be very welcome.

Thanks.

James

Hi

Have you looked on the TCS website and their DCC  installations page.   -   TCS DCC installations

They have a complete non Sound DCC installation into a Walthers FM H-10-44 described.    -     Walthers H10-44 DCC install

The body removal instructions on it are : "The H-10-44 shell is attached to the frame with the screws through the front and rear coupler boxes. Remove the front and rear coupler boxes and the shell will pull right off."     

Edited by 2E Sub Shed
Correct cut & pasted text.

• RMweb Premium

Hello 2E.

many thanks for your response, very helpful indeed. I did look on TCS website but only the sound installs. I also removed, after applying a spot of glue to the boxes before removing them they tried to remove the body, it showed no signs of movement so then asked the question.

So, its back to the work bench and have another go, all good fun. I do like the FM H10-44's!

Thanks again.

James.

• RMweb Premium

If it is a model that was first released under the pre Walthers ownership Proto 2000 brand, they had a really irritating habit of adding another body securing screw somewhere obscure (the SD45 has one hidden under the truck) and not mentioning it on the official exploded diagram.

Take a carefull look with torch and magnifying glass, you may find a tiny rogue screw somewhere.

• RMweb Premium

John.

I know what you mean! I was hoping to find some info on the Walthers website but is rather vacant when it comes to things like this. Unless someone knows differently?

Just waiting for a delivery from Coastal DCC for 2 motherboards and speaker enclosures. I have an Atlas SD35 and this H10-44 to sound.

James.