Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Tony Kell

doilum

• RMweb Premium

Copied from Gauge O Guild  (Jackie Kneeshaw, Chair of Events Committee).

Many of you saw Tony Kell at Barnsley in June when he had been told he had inoperable bladder and kidney cancer and he knew it would be the last time he came to an event. He was open about his diagnosis and told many members on the Forum and Facebook that he would not be at Guildex.

It is with a very heavy heart that I have to tell you that Tony Kell died at home this morning. His wife Margaret was with him.

I spoke to him on Monday and Tony knew it would not be long. He had enjoyed making more memories with the family since his diagnosis, and he said he had sorted some of his affairs.

He will be missed by so many people and has made a huge impact on railway modelling in so many ways. The work he started on the new Selby layout and in particular Selby Bridge will be continued by the Selby layout team and will be a legacy for us all to see.

We were able to present his Gauge O Guild Order of Merit back in June and acknowledge that he gave so much to our events and was an amazing Vice Chairman and friend to me.

I will keep you posted about funeral arrangements in due course.

RIP Tony Kell. Our thoughts are with Margaret and the rest of Tony's family

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

Tony and I met when we were both Police Officers at Killingbeck and realised that we shared an interest.  We both modelled in O gauge though our Locos wore different colour schemes.  After we both retired we kept in touch and always chatted at shows.  He will be much missed. 

Jamie

• Friendly/supportive 7