American O modeller's meet, Stafford Guildex, Sat 2nd Sept.

F-UnitMad

Between Western Thunder & Farcebook, there's an informal 'meet' being planned at the Gauge O Guild bash at Stafford, 2nd/3rd September, for those of us who model American railroads in 1:48th scale. Of course any US RR enthusiasts are welcome but the Show is, as the name implies, O scale focussed, so our numbers might well be rather low....

We'll be in front of 'Arry Dodds' "2nd Hand Yard" layout around 11am. Some of us, myself included, only have a single day out pass, so there could be more of us on Saturday.

If the US Post gets it's act together I hope to be wearing a Soo Line badge for I.D. 😉👍

Otherwise we'll be recognised as the group exchanging 1:48 scale goodies and beer tokens in earnest, especially (hopefully!!) from a Mr Jason Dickie, Esq; look for carrier bags & big boxes!!

If anyone cares to bring about £3K* in cash and has a free 20ft long space at home, they can buy 'Arry's layout off him at the end of the Show...

* my personal reaction to £3K is 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯.... but that might just be me. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

Thanks for reminding us all Jordan, I'm looking forward to seeing familiar faces.

I haven't been an O-scale trader for over 10 years and I don't plan to take a stand again.  I still have an assortment of parts that I don't expect to be using now, so if you're feeling lucky, get in touch and I'll bring a rucksack.  So it will help if it's a small part, but don't forget the Winchester Meet on Oct 21.  Yeah, yeah, a list ... but it gets really boring making one ... PMs will be responded to! 

So much more to say,  Nth American O-scale is still one of our best-kept secrets and if anyone else would like to 'have a go' let's have a chat.  Ask me what I nearly started droning on about, if I can't remember say "Rich", the O-scale traders are easy to deal with.

Oh I just remembered something else, why doesn't someone start a Zoom group for Nth American O-scale in the UK?  Enough.

Jason

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Looking forward to being there on Saturday as well. Shortline modeller.

Anyone got any shortie ore cars they don’t need?

Dava

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we came, we saw, we nattered, we had a go on Arry's layout, we - I - derailed his trains & utterly failed to see the on-scene run-round loop (by use of the traverser!!), and a good time was generally had.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the hall the prize for Most Overpriced Tat on Sale - had there been such a prize - would've been won hands down by this abomination....

20230902_121548.jpg.fe73625707761d4441e06b541eca398c.jpg

• Funny 4