CTRL Spoil Workings

aictosphotos

In a Freightmaster Summer 2002 book I have, it mentions two particular services operating between Kings Cross Freight Terminal and Calvert with the spoil being taken to Calvert.

Now it says booked as Class 60 and Bogie Boxes which I think are MEAs/MFAs? However the only thing I've found are those photos from Flickr which is attached below.

So does anyone know what type of wagon was used back than and how many wagons would have been in a average consist please?

2867740095_a170aa463a_c.jpg

3180446464_2fddab431a_c.jpg

Edited by aictosphotos
  • Like 1

Morning, 

The 2 daily trains 6M34/6M35 & 6E35/6E34 was diagramed for a class 60 and 21 MBA wagons and the trains did not deviate from those formations. The use of the 60 was to lift the trains up the Kings Cross Incline and the climb up Saunderton Summit. 

It was painful if the trains was brought to a stand at ME151 at High Wycombe as the signal section then pre the upgrade works was High Wycombe to Saunderton and that for a train traveling 75mph was around 10mins a class 60 with 2000t on the hook from a standing start would take around nearly 15-20 mins to tackle that. 

K77 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 minute ago, 8K77 said:

Morning, 

The 2 daily trains 6M34/6M35 & 6E35/6E34 was diagramed for a class 60 and 21 MBA wagons and the trains did not deviate from those formations. The use of the 60 was to lift the trains up the Kings Cross Incline and the climb up Saunderton Summit. 

It was painful if the trains was brought to a stand at ME151 at High Wycombe as the signal section then pre the upgrade works was High Wycombe to Saunderton and that for a train traveling 75mph was around 10mins a class 60 with 2000t on the hook from a standing start would take around nearly 15-20 mins to tackle that. 

K77 

Thank you, that's the answer I needed. Trying to work this out from the various WTTs in my collection is a fine art especially where Class 60s are concerned.

2 minutes ago, aictosphotos said:

Thank you, that's the answer I needed. Trying to work this out from the various WTTs in my collection is a fine art especially where Class 60s are concerned.

The WTT will probably show 60H0S28K in the Timing Colum, It dunt give you much to work jus that the trains was RA10 on TOPS and ran with RT3973 Heavy Axle Weight restrictions there was a few structures at the time where the trains had to adhere to a speed restriction over them 

on the North London and Chiltern Lines. The 60s tended to be serviced at the new Temple Mills Depot during the week going for fuel and 'A' Exams and at a Weekend they would go to light to Old Oak for any bigger exams or repairs. The wagons the MBA's for planned PPM and VIBT would be worked to Acton for the PPM and VIBT's to be done and the set had to use the 1st batch of MBA's constructed as they had buffers fitted. 

K77

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 8K77 said:

The WTT will probably show 60H0S28K in the Timing Colum, It dunt give you much to work jus that the trains was RA10 on TOPS and ran with RT3973 Heavy Axle Weight restrictions there was a few structures at the time where the trains had to adhere to a speed restriction over them 

on the North London and Chiltern Lines. The 60s tended to be serviced at the new Temple Mills Depot during the week going for fuel and 'A' Exams and at a Weekend they would go to light to Old Oak for any bigger exams or repairs. The wagons the MBA's for planned PPM and VIBT would be worked to Acton for the PPM and VIBT's to be done and the set had to use the 1st batch of MBA's constructed as they had buffers fitted. 

K77

For 6M35, the WTT in question only says 60TR130 which to me says it's running at a maximum speed of 60mph but unless I'm very much mistaken, the TR130 means a load of 13000 tonnes?

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, aictosphotos said:

That doesn't help at all I'm sorry as it's the Kings Cross Freight Terminal to Calvert CTRL spoil trains I'm interested in.

Might help to change the title of you post, to CTRL spoil project was different to the undersea Channel Tunnel spoil removal project. 

• Like 1

• aictosphotos changed the title to CTRL Spoil Workings