Accurascale 37402 - Loksound V5 cutting out on Engine Startup or Random points on Track

falken_gt4

Got the new Accurascale 37402 with 37/4 sound file ESU LokSound V5 from them as well. Brilliant loco and all the functions work.

However sometimes when I apply track power and start the engine it cuts out just as the loudness hits a peak in the initial startup, I then have to hold it off the track until the stay alive cuts out and try again. Sometimes it will cut out when on the move. 

I managed to replicate the problem on my programming section of track so not the layout, that is with just that loco on the track.

I am using a Pi-Sprog One V2 on a Raspberry Pi400 and JMRI and WiThrottle to control. I added a DCC Concepts surge protector as I thought the stay alive might be fussy to spikes but that has not solved things.
Power supply for the Pi-Sprog is a Toshiba 15V 5A AC PSU so good quality and plenty of juice!

Anyone have any similar issues, it is sound that seems to be causing the issue as I assume it and the Accurathrash Speaker use a bit of current but it is all factory spec stuff from Accurascale.

Thanks

Andy

23 hours ago, Glencoe Model Railway said:

Try turning the volume down on the decoder. I set mine to 145 after experiencing similar issues. (From factory they are set to 192). I forget which CV it is as I use a Lokprogrammer and it has a separate option to do that. 

That did the trick, thanks! JMRI has handy sound sliders for master volume and all the different sub volumes. CV63 for reference.

Cheers

Andy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...