Modelling Doctor Who in 1:76 scale (OO gauge)

I know this has been covered before here and here, but unfortunately, the latter has been archived and closed to further replies for a while and there's no signs of it being reactivated so I decided to make a new one. 

I have 2 Tardises and 4 Daleks already but I'm looking for a Doctor. Someone in the now closed topic suggested using Dart Casting's Teddy Boy Leaning to represent the 11th Doctor but I'm looking for a 1st Doctor and/or a 2nd Doctor. Can anyone help?

I can't help with 1st or 2nd Doctors, but a friend 3D printed a 4th Doctor for me, together with a pair of Daleks and a K9. I'm not sure where he got the files for the printing from, but a search along those lines might produce some results.

20230723_085821.jpg.c09a4a0831e85c8e0613f0327ede1028.jpg20230818_151143.jpg.578449b97d7a9e8239e4f24a2da6cefb.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

7 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Sureley it depends what period you are modelling this in ?

Seeing as he can travel forwards and backwards through time then any Doctor could be used for any period.

• Like 3
  • Agree 8

You will need a train of private owner wagons labelled in order Hartnell, Troughton, Pertwee, Baker, Davison, Baker, McCoy, McGann, Eccleston, Tennant, Smith, Capaldi, and Whittaker.  The first two should be in a monochromatic livery, the fourth and sixth of course being in different liveries.

Edited by Titan
  • Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Round of applause 4

4 hours ago, Titan said:

You will need a train of private owner wagons labelled in order Hartnell, Troughton, Pertwee, Baker, Davison, Baker, McCoy, McGann, Eccleston, Tennant, Smith, Capaldi, and Whittaker

And Tennant again later this year. His father in law is Peter Davidson. Talk about a Timelord dynasty. 

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

Slightly tangential - you could also model Tom Baker in an actual railway situation too - as in the mid 90's he would regularly catch the train from Headcorn to London - always getting in the rear coach - I was travelling from Ashford to Paddock Wood working for Railtrack at the time - as the only other passenger in that vehicle often received a "Good Morning" in that great booming voice of his. A huge man with an amazing presence.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

21 hours ago, Titan said:

You will need a train of private owner wagons labelled in order Hartnell, Troughton, Pertwee, Baker, Davison, Baker, McCoy, McGann, Eccleston, Tennant, Smith, Capaldi, and Whittaker.  The first two should be in a monochromatic livery, the fourth and sixth of course being in different liveries.

and the McCoy wagon will derail the entire train frequently ...................... just sayin' 🤦‍♀️

(Dr Who fans will understand what I'm alluding too)

Edited by Southernman46
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Southernman46 said:

(Dr Who fans will understand what I'm alluding too)

You need to explain for those of us who lost interest after Hartnell departed - he at least did look believable as an ancient alien - although this may have had something to do with 405 line monochrome garnished with multiple reflections from a nearby ferro-concrete construction.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

You need to explain for those of us who lost interest after Hartnell departed - he at least did look believable as an ancient alien - although this may have had something to do with 405 line monochrome garnished with multiple reflections from a nearby ferro-concrete construction.

It is generally held that the McCoy portrayal of the Dr was the nail in the coffin of the entire thing ............................ until resurrected sometime after by the excellent Christopher Eccelston.

I too remember watching THE original Dr Who with WH when it 1st appeared - feeling so old 🙄

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1