Modelling British Railways Volume 10

Banger Blue

• RMweb Premium

Email received from Key Publishing:

Volume 10 in the Modelling British Railways series is available to preorder now (expected release date - 05/10/23).

This volume is all about modelling diesel depots.

https://shop.keypublishing.com/collections/coming-soon/products/modelling-british-railways-diesel-depots

Edited by Banger Blue
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Volume 10 in the Modelling BR series will shortly be available, this one covering Diesel Depots and other related subjects, such as stabling points. This looks at the development of maintenance facilities since the 1960s, setting out the different approaches taken by the regions and how this influenced their layouts and operation through to today. Also covered are fuelling points and the many ancillary structures found on depots that contribute towards creating a convincing layout. The 116 pages are copiously illustrated to give inspiration as well as featuring modelling projects and layout ideas.  As ever, thanks are due to those who contributed, including Terry Bendall, Nick Gurney, Ian Manderson, James Makin, Clive Mortimore and David Ratcliffe.

On sale date is 5th October and it can be pre-ordered now from the Key Publishing website

Sample pages below

Cover.jpg

Diesel Depots 6-7.jpg

Diesel depots 26-27.jpg

Diesel Depots 72-73.jpg

Diesel depots 90-91.jpg

Diesel depots 108-109.jpg

• Like 3

On 04/10/2023 at 14:28, Simon Bendall said:

Volume 10 in the Modelling BR series will shortly be available, this one covering Diesel Depots and other related subjects, such as stabling points. This looks at the development of maintenance facilities since the 1960s, setting out the different approaches taken by the regions and how this influenced their layouts and operation through to today. Also covered are fuelling points and the many ancillary structures found on depots that contribute towards creating a convincing layout. The 116 pages are copiously illustrated to give inspiration as well as featuring modelling projects and layout ideas.  As ever, thanks are due to those who contributed, including Terry Bendall, Nick Gurney, Ian Manderson, James Makin, Clive Mortimore and David Ratcliffe.

On sale date is 5th October and it can be pre-ordered now from the Key Publishing website

Sample pages below

Cover.jpg

Diesel Depots 6-7.jpg

Diesel depots 26-27.jpg

Diesel Depots 72-73.jpg

Diesel depots 90-91.jpg

Diesel depots 108-109.jpg

Arrived yesterday, very very good edition! Whats next on the list?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Very pleased with my copy. Found last night whilst foraging in my local supermarket. Looking forward  to settling down for a proper read in the next few days. I do hope you have enough material to keep producing more of these volumes? I find them absolutely invaluable. Thank you. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Grampus said:

I do hope you have enough material to keep producing more of these volumes? I find them absolutely invaluable. Thank you. 🙂

I would love some themed versions if that's in planning?

Some ideas for example a  "Southern Region commuter network" or "Great Western diesels" edition.

Just a thought!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1