Does anyone know of drawings of a branchline sized coaling station?

james nichols

• RMweb Premium

Wick in scotland had a small coaling plant, but I have no idea if there are any drawings for it...

Andy G

Doh! just noticed that you wanted a German example!

Edited by uax6

• RMweb Gold

Scratching around the net, this suggestion came up. It seems to be a series of descriptions and/or reviews of the available kits of German loco depot and servicing facilities. Whether that is any help or not I don't know, but nothing else seemed to turn up. Of course you may need to read German to get the most out of them!

https://www.vgbahn.shop/bahnbetriebswerke-teil-1

Phil, that would be great except I cannot get to the payment screen of their website.  Otherwise I think that book would be exactly what I need.  It appears they were hacked during the summer and do not have their paypal system back up and running.  Too bad, many of their titles are of interest.

Reko, I will look at that site.  I have been through the Faller catalog online and found many examples.  This will give me even more to get a flavor for what I want to build.  Then off to the styrene stores to knock something together.

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 15/09/2023 at 16:31, james nichols said:

I want to scratchbuild a coaling station in N.  Looking for drawings of a small branchline coaling station to base off of.  Needs to be a smaller one as this will just be a little diorama to practice building skills.

Thanks in advance,

James

If you want to practice building - why not just get one of the kits for N gauge German outline coaling stages:

Kibri ref 37434

Arnold (old) 6350

Faller 222154

If you still want to scratchbuild, just use a picture of one of the above model kits and construct something of similar size and shape 

Funnily enough my autumn project is building a locomotive depot. This of course requires coaling facilities and I have started on a small Auhagen kit. They do provide some fine kits that can be bashed or used as ideas, or canniballised for doors and windows. The kit has a stone base and I have changed this to brick. It looks a bit too pristine for 1970 GDR so will come under attack before long.

I have just opened a packet of Auhagen assorted fencing. Typical of the various types of use in the southern area of the former GDR. The price ticket says DM 6.90 which indicates its age.

Bernard

DSC_0192.JPG.3a7259f5e6700b8665e368dcbb062bb7.JPG

• Like 2