The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

I don’t believe it! - V. Medrew.

Martino

• RMweb Premium

Just had an I don’t believe it incident.

Lady wife like Boots No7 Face Cream. Here in the US it’s available from the national pharmacy chain, Walgreens.  She went on-line to order some for home delivery. No rush, just when it comes (normally FedEx, UPS, USPS etc).  Anyway the message comes back that it will be delivered today (free) from the local store (we live up in the Georgia mountains, so not an urban location). She thought that excellent service, although was puzzled when the website asked if she’s like to leave a tip!  Not bl**dy likely.

Later, she’s on a phone call when the delivery guy arrives.  I go to the door and take the package, say ‘thank you’ and he says he needs to see my wife’s ID as he has to take a photo. I say that’s OK you can take my photo to prove delivery.  No, he must see wife’s ID - for face cream!   I dutifully go back inside and get her wallet looking for driver’s license.  Can’t see it but her Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) ID card is there - she’s a Flight Attendant so has to have Government ID.   No, not good enough, it must be a State (Georgia) ID with a photo.  Eventually find Driver’s License and he takes a photo of it, apologizing.  Then says he has to make sure that the recipient is not intoxicated.  After a blast of Anglo-Saxon invective, he apologizes and leaves.

All for two small pots of face cream.    I don’t believe it!!!!!!

Edited by Martino
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

You should have ordered a gun, say, an AK42, far less hassle!

Mike.

Yes, no ID and it wouldn’t matter if I was drunk as a skunk.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Response from Walgreens was utter disbelief at both corporate and local level.   It appears that this is a DoorDash (the delivery company) issue.   So far no official response, although they do say they are investigating.   A number of DoorDash drivers say that they often react to ingredients in a delivery, saying that some of the constituents in face cream ‘may’ be possible to be used as drugs.   

The mind boggles.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3