Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

BR Rolls Royce

• RMweb Premium

A friend of mine is a Rolls Royce fan and he spotted this Diecast model on eBay. He is intrigued by the BR logo on the car door. Does anyone know if there was a real car like this and who it belonged to? The model is made by Verem and is 1:143 scale. 

Thank you. 

12A4D1D5-F99E-43CE-A5AE-7A224BA856B7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 hours ago, Silly Moo said:

A friend of mine is a Rolls Royce fan and he spotted this Diecast model on eBay. He is intrigued by the BR logo on the car door. Does anyone know if there was a real car like this and who it belonged to? The model is made by Verem and is 1:143 scale. 

Thank you. 

12A4D1D5-F99E-43CE-A5AE-7A224BA856B7.jpeg

The Beechingmobile! 😎

• Funny 2

The emblem looks like cut down loco emblem, I wonder if some one has done it themselves (a 'code 3' I believe they're called). If it was based on a real one I'd expect the circular coaching stock emblem to have been used.

That said, I imagine BR would have had official cars, I recall the Chairman of the National Coal Board's official car had a vanity plate 'NCB 1'

• Informative/Useful 1