Peco 009 V skip wagon coupling help

• RMweb Premium

Ooh - I see what you mean!  I’ve not got any of these, so had a look out of interest: I must admit I expected to see the kind of simpler semi-permanent couplers used on the small slate wagons sets (GR-320 and GR-321) rather than the standard ‘Bemo-style’ Narrow Gauge couplers.

Afraid I can’t offer any practical advice from personal experience, but I wonder if it might be possible to remove one of the loops from at least the inside couplers in a rake, so there’s only one trying to couple up?  Just a thought (on the stand alone GR-102 coupler sets the loops are detachable).  Just a thought, Keith.

1 hour ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Ooh - I see what you mean!  I’ve not got any of these, so had a look out of interest: I must admit I expected to see the kind of simpler semi-permanent couplers used on the small slate wagons sets (GR-320 and GR-321) rather than the standard ‘Bemo-style’ Narrow Gauge couplers.

Afraid I can’t offer any practical advice from personal experience, but I wonder if it might be possible to remove one of the loops from at least the inside couplers in a rake, so there’s only one trying to couple up?  Just a thought (on the stand alone GR-102 coupler sets the loops are detachable).  Just a thought, Keith.

I've tried removing one of the loops to see if it helps, unfortunately it didn't make a difference.

I'm currently contemplating either:
Gluing magnets onto the ends of the wagons,
or
Grafting the skip part of the wagons onto PECO slate wagons with the sides removed.

• Friendly/supportive 1