British OO scale availability in the EU

Michanglais

I wasn't really sure where to post this so I thought I'd try the Bachmann forum as a starting point.

I was wondering if anyone knew of stockists of OO scale (preferably AC electrics) in the EU?

Modell Bahn Union has a reasonable selection but it would be interesting to compare prices and maybe have a wider selection.

Cheers,

Michael

12 hours ago, Michanglais said:

I wasn't really sure where to post this so I thought I'd try the Bachmann forum as a starting point.

I was wondering if anyone knew of stockists of OO scale (preferably AC electrics) in the EU?

Modell Bahn Union has a reasonable selection but it would be interesting to compare prices and maybe have a wider selection.

Cheers,

Michael

I live in Austria and use Modellbahn Union too.  One has to check the prices because sometimes the prices are lower than in the UK and some time much higher-  At the moment I am debating whether to order the Dalpol Manor (sound fitted) from the UK or from MBU.  The prices are very similar around 290GBP/€300 and one does not have to pay all the Customs and Import fees.  There is, of course, Accurascale, where one can order from their Ireland branch at the UK price and it comes directly to you in the EU, again without the  extra Customs duties.

There are, of course, some UK retailers which offer the IOSS system of delivery.  This, however, only applies to items less than €150 and I have heard rumors of the EU wanting to do away with this in the future.

P.S.   Dont forget Heljan, they do many UK diesels,.  Order from their Danish website, pay in Euros and it will come straight to your door.

Edited by GeoffBird
Additional info.
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Michanglais said:

Modell Bahn Union has a reasonable selection

Personally I'd stop there. They usually have a good selection of Bachmann (and Hornby and Dapol for that matter) British outline models and their prices are good. Indeed I've not seen them bettered in the EU. There is a delay in them getting new models though, presumably due to Brexit-related customs issues - I received an email from them earlier this week advising that some Bachmann products, including Class 37s BR Blue 37305 and green D6829 and EFE Rail Pacers, had arrived in stock.

Some locos they don't seem to get at all - I was hoping they'd receive Modified Hall 6990 Burton Agnes Hall but never saw it so bought it from the UK to avoid missing out.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, se97mlm said:

Please can you tell me which retailers use the IOSS system? Up to now I only found WWScenics

Kind Regards

Matthew (from Germany)

So far I have only foundf Hattons who do this on a regular baisis.  With their zrunk system I can load the items as trhey arrive (and pay for the in GBP) and then shjuiop them across in batches where the total amount is less than 130 GBP.

MBU do some very good deals on Dapol and Accurascale items. For example the new 57xx pannier is 160€, the Siphons between 50€ and 62€ and Banana wagons 90€.  Shipping costs ar 10€ and it comes straight to your door in about 2 or 3 days.  >They also do Hornby, Bachmann and Dapol as well.

Their website is easy to use and well worth a look.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1