Newhaven exhibition 28th Oct?

SR71

• RMweb Premium

Mrs SR-71 spotted a poster a while ago for a show next weekend but I can't find any info online other than this?

https://ukmodelshops.co.uk/event/y2023/25253-NewhavenDistrictModelRailwayClub_Exhibition

The last website update that the club have is April 22. There is an email address I will contact tonight but I thought a thread on here would come up on Google and may help those, like me, looking for info.

I wanted to know who/what will be there. After a weekend of shows just gone I'm short on weekend pass points for the rest of the year and need to use them wisely!

I also saw this show mentioned on the UKmodelshops listing and have been trying to find more details. If you go to keymodelworld.com and click ‘Show guide’ it does at least provide a second listing to indicate that there is apparently a show on 28 October with the Seaford venue, times and cost - but once again no specific layouts or traders are stated.

As you also note, the club’s own website provides no information, so unfortunately such poor marketing does not encourage attendance. Given the current high costs of car fuel or train fares, I want to have an idea of the layouts, scales and traders at a show before committing to travel. Still a few days left for the missing Seaford show information to be posted……

• RMweb Premium

I did get a little more info. Confirmation that it is going ahead and that there will be 19 layouts and traders. No details on what or who.

No more than that sadly as I'd like to have supported them by posting info for others if I could.

• RMweb Gold
On 23/10/2023 at 13:00, SR71 said:

Mrs SR-71 spotted a poster a while ago for a show next weekend but I can't find any info online other than this?

https://ukmodelshops.co.uk/event/y2023/25253-NewhavenDistrictModelRailwayClub_Exhibition

Should anyone be using the 12 or 12A to visit this show, as mentioned in the notice - please note that the stop is now called Belgrave Road. Beacon Road is the next stop west and has traffic islands adjacent to it which makes crossing the busy A259 safer especially as there is a fairly sharp bend between the two stops. Also note that the 12X and 13X do not stop at either stop. All routes mentioned run between Brighton railway station and Eastbourne town centre.

Edited by phil_sutters