Weymouth Show 28 & 29 October

john new

• RMweb Gold

About to start loading tomorrow ready for doing my demo' at this year's show and note there doesn't appear to be a thread about it yet.*

Link to copy of the show guide, floor plan, layout listing etc.  For the record I am stand 4. A simple, but generally unknown, method of weathering using everyday materials. I may also be doing some simple card building models available from free to download and print sources.

WMRA-exhibition-2023-2copy.jpg.a8a6c9622cdadf6eec76deeec579887d.jpg

* If there is apologies - mods please merge.

Edited by john new
Typo correction

• john new changed the title to Weymouth Show 28 & 29 October
  • RMweb Premium

My first ever visit to a model railway exhibition was in Weymouth at the old Melcombe Regis Boys School at the town end of Westham bridge - about 1960. IIRC it ran each summer for five or six days and included a ride on train, demonstration of control line flying of model aircraft, and hand built 12 inch gauge complete and part built models. It gave me the realisation that my circle of track and couple of points in the new Triang TT gauge chunky brown track had the potential to be so much more.  For nostalgia if no other reason, I'll have to see if I can combine a visit to the exhibition with a trip to visit the parents and a brother and sister (Melcombe Regis Cemetery) and pop over to the Royal Manor (Reforne Cemetery) to catch up with the Grand and great grandparents, and numerous other relatives.

Good luck with exhibition,

Pete.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Gremlins. All set up and the laptop died so can’t drive the rolling display. Hope the very ancient one works or I have the necessary connectors to get my wife’s to connect. It doesn’t have an HDMI output (curses Apple).