Ffestiniog-inspired 009 micro layout

• RMweb Premium

That's lovely what you've done, and I don't see any difficutly with the proximity. In Tanygrisiau and Blaenau Ffestiniog everything was jumbled up with buildings, walls and paths put in where they would fit. Perhaps extend the wall from the steps (following the course of the railway) as a boundary, and have a "gatepost" at the end where the road to the shed is. These were another typical FR feature. The old pillar at the entrance to Boston Lodge at Pen Cob was particularly impressive

1976 - Entrance to Boston Lodge Works

but more ordinary styles were found elsewhere. At 22:32 in the video you linked to earlier is the entrance to an old mine siding at the appropriately named Leadmine Curve.

If you want to account for sharp bend in the path, put something in the back right hand corner that the path has to avoid, such as a building or an outcrop of rock.

• RMweb Premium

Hello Ian,

I walk the local footpaths and many of them have very sharp turns to avoid, fences, crops & buildings especially when someone builds a loco shed over a 1,000 yr old 'right of way'. Developers etc do have to pay for the deviation these days and make it good enough for the local authority's inspection.

Cheers - Jim

• Informative/Useful 1