Jura Modélisme Shop Fire

• RMweb Premium

https://www.leprogres.fr/faits-divers-justice/2023/10/29/un-violent-incendie-frappe-l-entreprise-jura-modelisme-a-poligny

FB_IMG_1698662501624.jpg.dd6556516ad668f3bd5ff80bd0645be9.jpg

Dear railway enthusiasts,

Our logistics warehouse suffered a serious fire today.

We will keep you informed in the coming days of developments in the situation.

We would like to thank our community and our colleagues for their support.

See you soon, the Jura Modelisme team.

• Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Gold

Hacienda that. What a tragedy. They were decent suppliers in my experience. And, as we know, even if their insurer stumps up, much of the stock is irreplaceable, due to current manufacturing methods. Cue a number of French rivals having rather a good Christmas. 

Edit : And as an afterthought, French modelling mags will not be pleased. They are already rather pricey due to a lack of advertising, compared to the UK. And Jura was a regular whole-page buyer, albeit in recent times becoming more active in direct marketing with emails several times a week announcing this or that product.

Edited by Oldddudders
  • Like 1

Update from the Jura site (and Google Translated):

Press release from Jura Modelisme: Operation Phénix

Dear friends, loyal customers, collaborators and colleagues,

We are currently experiencing a decisive turning point at Jura Modelisme, facing one of the most important challenges in our history. A devastating fire recently ravaged our warehouse, seriously impacting our logistics, marketing, IT and administrative activities.

What happened: On Sunday October 29, 2023, around noon, the alert was given and the fire, devouring so much of our efforts and our hopes, could only be brought under control around 5 p.m. , leaving behind a picture of desolation.

But rest assured that our team, the one you have come to appreciate, is driven by unfailing determination. We are determined to transform this ordeal into strength, ready to take on this major challenge.

How can you help Jura Modelisme rise from the ashes?

- By staying informed via our social networks: Facebook , Twitter , Instagram and YouTube .

- By subscribing to our newsletter, which will transform into a transparent and detailed logbook of our reconstruction journey.

- By sharing your positive experiences on Google Reviews and Trustpilot.

- By purchasing or offering a gift card, the validity of which has been extended until 12/31/2025.

What are the next steps ?  
The end of year period, crucial for us, is compromised; it usually represents a third of our annual turnover. We are mobilizing to restore our services and prepare for the future with commitment and resilience.

Our customer service is more than ever at your service. Gaëtan and Anne-Sophie are ready to answer all your questions and assist you in your efforts.
By telephone at 03 84 37 31 83 (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.)  and by e-mail to contact@jura-modelisme.fr , 

At the same time, we have set up a complete FAQ on our site, intended to dispel your doubts and quickly provide you with the necessary answers. This regularly updated resource covers various urgent topics such as recent purchases, payment methods, refunds, after-sales service status of products and processing of current reservations. To access it, click here .

The relocation plan to our new premises (construction is 75% advanced) was planned for the first quarter of next year. We are currently re-evaluating our options in order to minimize the interruption of our services and resume our activity as quickly as possible, with the same dedication as before.

We are a close-knit team, made up of 14 people with an average age of 30 years old. Our determination is firm: to bounce back without having to separate from any member of our professional family.

We are infinitely grateful for the outpouring of solidarity you have shown during these difficult times. Your invaluable support is the foundation that will allow us to rebuild Jura Modelisme, with renewed commitment and unfailing resilience.

Thank you for accompanying us on this journey towards our rebirth. 

The JuraMod' team

• Friendly/supportive 5

Sad news. At least they had a warehouse.  At least one other French retailer appears to operate out of the back of a truck.

If you are looking for another supplier with a modern level of customer service, I can recommend L'Attelier Du Train.

If you are looking for misinformation, overcharging, rudeness, ignorance, poor quality stock and a generally disappointing experience, I can recommend Pierre Dominique.

• Informative/Useful 1

Oh dear, how did I miss this? (We hadn't had the telly on for a couple of days). He is/was my 'local' supplier. Been there a couple of times for bits and pieces and a hard-to-find rail set for one of the grandsons. I wish them well for the future.

Philip

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 01/11/2023 at 19:21, Vinedusk said:

If you are looking for misinformation, overcharging, rudeness, ignorance, poor quality stock and a generally disappointing experience, I can recommend Pierre Dominique.

They're on my "don't order from them again" list I'm afraid. No problems with Jura.

• Like 1