Newcastle Show CANCELLED

High Level Kits

Knowing how much effort volunteers put into arranging model railway shows the organisers have my sympathies.

Hopefully nobody will be too critical of the Newcastle & District MRS. There is a little more detail on why the show had to be cancelled at such short notice over on the Scalefour website.

https://www.scalefour.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8954&p=101414#p101410

Here's to next years show.

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

What an unfortunate situation they find themselves in. A great pity (and disappointment) for so many in so many different ways.  

I hope this doesn’t impact the club too greatly financially.  I’m guessing that they (and exhibitors/traders)  have already paid out at least deposits for accommodation and possibly have other liabilities too. As I say, I hope it can all be sorted out to everyone’s satisfaction.

Edited by BoD
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

A real shame that it was caped at the last minute - I'd just got North Ballachulish prepped for what was to be its last ever show before retiring the layout. The crew were set for one last blast and a few beers on the Toon. I hope the club are not out of pocket as a result, and next years goes ahead as planned.

NorthB26villagehall..jpg.c18dae7a42a9204a09d7999b865f38cb.jpg

• Friendly/supportive 2