Workington exhibition 18-19 Nov

long island jack

Went yesterday and it's a really excellent show with everything that you want from a model railway show, including live steam and model engineering through to kids layouts, a finescale section, impressive O gauge through to achievable micro layouts and some inspirational & friendly demos. A big thanks and well done to @SteamAle and everyone involved with Solrail.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Well I did make it today, despite my van refusing to start this morning.  80 mile trip each way but well worth it.  Nice variety of layouts, most being in the inspiring  ‘I can make something like that’.  Friendly and welcoming, spent far too much, mainly stocking up with glue, paint and tools from Squires.  Had a pleasant chat with the operators on a couple of micro layouts.  The layout I liked the best was the one based on the Barton-on-Humber branch.  Scary m0ment when a chap on the public side picked up one of the locos, I thought he was one of the operators but he was a visitor, very well sorted by the operator.

• Like 1

On 19/11/2023 at 18:07, ColinK said:

Well I did make it today, despite my van refusing to start this morning.  80 mile trip each way but well worth it.  Nice variety of layouts, most being in the inspiring  ‘I can make something like that’.  Friendly and welcoming, spent far too much, mainly stocking up with glue, paint and tools from Squires.  Had a pleasant chat with the operators on a couple of micro layouts.  The layout I liked the best was the one based on the Barton-on-Humber branch.  Scary m0ment when a chap on the public side picked up one of the locos, I thought he was one of the operators but he was a visitor, very well sorted by the operator.

Where's the exclamation mark response for the last bit!