RMweb

David Pickup Collection. Gildings Auction

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

I have no idea if anyne knows about this chap or this Auction. Loads of what looks like HO US Stock

Just saw it in my Auction News Feed. 

Of no interest to me.

https://www.gildings.co.uk/auction/details/-the-david-pickup-scale-model-railway-collection-and-workshop/?au=259

Phil

• RMweb Premium

You can bet the various Proto 2000 locos will all have cracked gears, and that dealers will mop up a lot of this and have it on ebay at a 100% mark up within twenty four hours.

10 hours ago, John M Upton said:

You can bet the various Proto 2000 locos will all have cracked gears, and that dealers will mop up a lot of this and have it on ebay at a 100% mark up within twenty four hours.

After they've paid the 24% hammer price and eBay's fees (14%?), they'd probably need such a big markup to cover their other costs.

I have noticed that some dealers who mop up US collections are smart enough to drip the expensive items slowly back onto the market. Also, without using the "nothing for me" comment that usually follows every RTR announcement, a lot of the brass items are of the "if you've ever wanted one then you'd probably have it already", and the general downsizing of US modelling in the UK in both size and quantity means there probably aren't the numbers willing to scrap it out over something that they know will never be available as RTR.

Fortunately I didn't manage to register in time, but am watching it live. I wouldn't have won any brass locos with cheeky low bids tho, although the multiple freight car auctions did seem to go for bargain prices despite their mixed content.

• Friendly/supportive 1