Hornby A2/3 & A2/2 tender lining problems

kelsh003

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.

I have an A2/3 in LNER green, Chamossaire, and an A2/2 in BR livery, Cock O The North.

Sadly, the lining on these engine tenders has begun to distort/rub off, despite my being very careful with every engine I buy, own, and run.

I have contacted Hornby who has nothing to offer in any form of spares for them, and I have tried other outlets and this is now a last resort.

So I wondered if anyone had a BR green early creat A2/2 tender, and/or an LNER apple green A2/3 tender they could potentially offer me, or know where I can get one?

The locos have also lost some lining on the running boards somehow, and I would love to replace the bodies of the engines too but I can cross that bridge when I get there. Equally though if anyone has a spare loco body/knows of a way to fix it or where to get a loco body, again let me know.

I always am so careful with my engines and these have been in a display cabinet for 3/4 of the time I've owned them. Disappointed that this has happened, as no other engine I have ever owned has suffered this unusual issue.

Many thanks to anyone who can help. 

Henry

• Friendly/supportive 2

15 hours ago, kelsh003 said:

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.

I have an A2/3 in LNER green, Chamossaire, and an A2/2 in BR livery, Cock O The North.

Sadly, the lining on these engine tenders has begun to distort/rub off, despite my being very careful with every engine I buy, own, and run.

I have contacted Hornby who has nothing to offer in any form of spares for them, and I have tried other outlets and this is now a last resort.

So I wondered if anyone had a BR green early creat A2/2 tender, and/or an LNER apple green A2/3 tender they could potentially offer me, or know where I can get one?

The locos have also lost some lining on the running boards somehow, and I would love to replace the bodies of the engines too but I can cross that bridge when I get there. Equally though if anyone has a spare loco body/knows of a way to fix it or where to get a loco body, again let me know.

I always am so careful with my engines and these have been in a display cabinet for 3/4 of the time I've owned them. Disappointed that this has happened, as no other engine I have ever owned has suffered this unusual issue.

Henry

As Mick mentions, there was an LNER tender on e-bay last week, I've got it. However, I only wanted the chassis, PM me your address, and the tender top is yours. Can't help with the BR version though I'm afraid.

Edited by lee74clarke
  • Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 13/11/2023 at 22:20, kelsh003 said:

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.

Henry

Tender top posted today Henry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lee74clarke said:

Tender top posted today Henry

Brilliant, thank you so much for sorting that for me Lee. Really appreciate it.

If anyone else happens to have the BR early crest tender top for the A2/2 to "complete the set" as it were then do let me know.