7mm spoked pinpoint wheels

Hal Nail

• RMweb Premium

For a couple of the new Dapol 7mm vans I'd like to swap to spoked wheels but I'm not sure if I can do a straight swap.

I had some Dapol spare spoked wheels a while back but the axles were rounded and totally different to the pinpoint type in these vans.

Can anyone tell me if the ex Lionheart 7 and 8 plank or the newer Dapol 9' wheelbase private owners have pinpoint wheels?

Slaters and Peco wont fit without modification and I'd like to keep Dapol's compensation arm which has the bearing mounted to it.

ta

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, brossard said:

I did a Google and found that Peter's Spares list Dapol wheels:

https://www.petersspares.com/c/Dapol/Dapol-o/Dapol-o-gauge-accessories

John

thanks but those are the round ended ones that don't fit. I've found pinpoints on ebay but £21 for a pair and at that price I'd rather buy a wagon.

I think the ex Lionheart coke wagons use the same type but I'm hoping to confirm before I buy anything.

Edited by Hal Nail

15 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

thanks but those are the round ended ones that don't fit. I've found pinpoints on ebay but £21 for a pair and at that price I'd rather buy a wagon.

I think the ex Lionheart coke wagons use the same type but I'm hoping to confirm before I buy anything.

Ah, I should have looked closer.  These are likely from what I call the Gen 1 wagons, Dapol's first effort, which were pretty dreadful  (one giveaway is the brakes are miles away from the wheels).  I bought one and only one and fixed it up with a Bill Bedford chassis.  Thank goodness Dapol's wagons now have Lionheart DNA.

John

• Like 1