O Gauge class 26 DCC Decoder

meatloaf

Nope, not as far as I could see. I ended up buying a Loksound XL sound decoder (which is great), but will hard wire my Hattons bargain 27 (£265 - 👍👍👍).

I can’t help but think this is a factor in the Cl 26/27 discounts, and it may be relevant that the 58 has already been offered at cut prices.

I assume the 73 is also ‘XL’ ready.

Unless there are decoder options, I think this is a barrier for sales.

Neal

20 hours ago, neal said:

Nope, not as far as I could see. I ended up buying a Loksound XL sound decoder (which is great), but will hard wire my Hattons bargain 27 (£265 - 👍👍👍).

I can’t help but think this is a factor in the Cl 26/27 discounts, and it may be relevant that the 58 has already been offered at cut prices.

I assume the 73 is also ‘XL’ ready.

Unless there are decoder options, I think this is a barrier for sales.

Neal

Not convinced it's barrier to sales.  If you want to use an ESU XL decoder you can by using it with the factory PCB and if not you just take the factory PCB out just like has always been done before the advent of the ESU XL "interface".

There have always been slower selling models that get discounted at some point to shift the last remaining ones.

The L style socket (as used on the class 17, A3, A4, Prairie, Mogul) is supported by ESU and Zimo, and has both sound and power decoders available.

Plenty of functionality and power- my point is why change? ECT have gone with the L socket for their Black 5.

Neal

• RMweb Premium
On 27/11/2023 at 12:46, admiles said:

There have always been slower selling models that get discounted at some point to shift the last remaining ones.

Rails currently have significant discounts on some versions of:

03, 26, 27, 31, 33, 40, 47, 50, 52, 56, 58, 60, mk1, GUV, CCT and wagons.

I don't think there can be any real doubt that they start off at high prices knowing some people will pay, then they come down. The 50 is perhaps an exception as they've done 2 or 3 runs in quick succession but I can't recall anything else selling out particularly quickly.