Bachmann SR pillbox brake van

This might not be the place to ask, but it is RTR and it is - I think - to do with detailing.

Having at long last picked up an ex SR pillbox brake van off eBay for a not daft price, I’ve duly unpacked it and found the following little bag of bits included in the box…

IMG_4722.jpeg.c219ad24db915f0253aa060f56277a11.jpeg

Now the model already seems very detailed and peering at it from various angles I cannot see where these bits fix on. Furthermore, Bachmann have not indicated where these should go.

Can anyone enlighten me? My feeling is they are something to do with brake rigging, but I cannot see where or how they might fix to the main model!

Many thanks for any help.

Steve S

Your bits bag appears to be unopened, in which case - as you may have already noticed - a packing error has supplied 3 support frames instead of 4.

It's not unusual for Bachmann to supply detail parts but no fitting instructions - the Presflos are another example. Adds to the fun I suppose......!

5 hours ago, Halvarras said:

Your bits bag appears to be unopened, in which case - as you may have already noticed - a packing error has supplied 3 support frames instead of 4.

Actually, there are four of those - two were lying absolutely on top of each other in the bag, and one stuck in the bag when I tipped them out (which I didn’t notice until after posting the photo!)

Thanks to @cypherman I’ve now managed to 95% put the brake rigging things into place - lots of peering with a strong light revealed the necessary holes which I simply couldn’t see before.

95% because one won’t go into the hole - I think there is flash on the pip meant to go into the hole… so (brave) trimming may be required and another attempt made, but as it took me about 15 minutes per frame to get into place …

I’m guessing the support frames need to be glued as these feel like they are metal. Also somehow ensure they do not lean against the wheels as when I test fitted a couple they promptly fell over onto the inside faces of the wheel set!

Absolutely love the underframe detail on this model, including the chain up into the box of the brake van - just wish I had slightly less cumbersome fingers!

Thanks for the help - will report back when done!

Steve S

Edited by SteveyDee68
  • Like 1