Bachmann Dynamis Mains supply plug

I have an older Bachmann Dynamis DCC controller. The mains plug / transformer / cable has become defective. I have been online and so far unable to source a replacement. The plug has an ESU part number. I contacted them and they gave me details of an expensive universal power supply. No success whatsoever in trying to contact Bachmann. I have heard that a laptop charger could be a cheaper alternative. The existing plug has mains AC input and 16v DC 2.3 Amp output. The DC tip is 5.5/2.5mm. Does anyone know of a suitable plug and cable please?

I have been online and there are a lot to choose from. I would like something reliable. 

If you get a replacement psu with the wrong plug, chop it off. Cut a length of cable (a few iches) off your defective one, and join it with a choc block. If you want it really fancy, put the chock block in a plastic box.

Just make sure you get the polarities correct!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2023 at 16:07, stewartingram said:

If you get a replacement psu with the wrong plug, chop it off. Cut a length of cable (a few iches) off your defective one, and join it with a choc block. If you want it really fancy, put the chock block in a plastic box.

Just make sure you get the polarities correct!

Managed to find a suitable replacement laptop charger. I haven’t encountered any problems with it so far. Hopefully this will prove to be a reliable solution.