RMweb

CAOLISPORT (1980's railway operations)

Clagmeister

More 37114 stuff.

Dunrobin Castle did work 6T12 and 6T15 return to tripper to Lochgilphead. After this it was then dispatched light engine 0Z37 to Tarbert to collect a demic ballast wagon and return 7Z37. This meant that intsead of working the 6K44 SLK to Mossend it would work the following day 6M67 to Mossend.

Anyway 0Z37 caught at Camusfearna on the way out.

post-7043-12770462738_thumb.jpg

And then a couple of shots of 7Z37 at the same location.

post-7043-127704644198_thumb.jpg

post-7043-12770464302_thumb.jpg

cheerio

Claggy

• Like 3

Wife of 'Claggy' here. Silly man. IT'S NOT REAL!

Claggy, any flack of the other half, just tell her this “those trains don’t run by themselves†(and then duck) “its dead serious stuff this running a railway†preparer for the arrival of the divorce papers!smile.gif

Gary

37114 looks good, Mike. I very nearly went for that one when I was deciding which split box 37 to go for but decided on 37043 in the end. Fancy a visit from 37043 sometime, along with maybe 37401 and a 26 or 27 or two. They'd look right at home. biggrin.gif

I like the latest photos too, some of your best yet I think. I especially like the one with the upturned boat above the beach. True Cornish atmosphere. wink.gif

Looking forward to seeing the ferry arrive soon.

Will be in touch about the dates soon, honest!

Cheers,

Dave

A 27 or two would be nice, bring a little Sulzer clatter to the Caolisport hills. There I go again thinking the hills are real.biggrin.gif

We'll have to be quick with 401, I'm expecting it in its 1988 Mainline Red Strip livery in the next month or so.

37406 is still out of traffic at ED so expecting 37114 to begin another ED diagram later this week. Hopefully it will be a Caolisport one rather than an Oban/Fort William one.

cheerio

Claggy

Wife of 'Claggy' here. Silly man. IT'S NOT REAL!

What I want to know is why a Code 5 security alert (Normal person) wasn't triggered by this post.

Think of the consequences - we could have reasoned, heaven forbid even intelligent, contributions on here. RMWeb would never be the same again. biggrin.gif

This needs to be looked into as a matter of urgency.

• Like 1

News.

37406 has re entred traffic at ED having been sidelined with a blower motor fault(burnt out speaker)

37114 will complete its 2nd diagram at Caolisport before going off back to IS.

37404 is on todays sleepers and shunted both old and new yards during the day.

In the real world! The jetty for Heb Isles to moor up against is coming on well. Also Caolisport station and approach has been peppered with fencing and street lights which really give depth to the place.

Also going on is the construction of the fiddle yard that represents Cambeltown and the area for Drumnadrishaig halt, village and tunnel.

will post pics if I get round to them. Its very hot in my loftblush_mini.gif

cheerio

Claggy

Yep, too hot in lofts!

I popped in to see if the Calmac's arrived yet but you've got some good pictures of 114. Really nice work there with the pebbledashes cottage with the series one Landy and old Furgy; plus the battered fencing and general coastal scatter.

So tell me, how do you blow a speaker?

So tell me, how do you blow a speaker?

Its dead easy, done loads! Definitely the first thing to check if your sounds vanish. It seems to be the weakest point of the ESU chip. I haven't blown a bass speaker yet though, give it time. kev.

Have been doing a little work on Druimdrishaig of late. Really should have been doing more on the ferry terminal but hey ho.

Druimdrishaig is a samll halt 1 mile out of Caolisport on the Cambletown branch. Just along the coast from Camusfearna in recent shots.

At Druimdrishaig there will be the station, tunnel, an AOCL crossing, post office, 2 cottages and a small jetty.

The cottage has been borrowed from Camusfearna to illustrate the setting.

Beyond the tunnel will be the Cambletown fiddle yard.

Here is a shot of Concrete Bob stopped at the halt, there is still plenty to do, including backscene, walling, trees etc etc.

Thought I'd keep you posted. Hope you like.

Claggy

post-7043-127807031372_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Have been doing a little work on Druimdrishaig of late. Really should have been doing more on the ferry terminal but hey ho.

Druimdrishaig is a samll halt 1 mile out of Caolisport on the Cambletown branch. Just along the coast from Camusfearna in recent shots.

At Druimdrishaig there will be the station, tunnel, an AOCL crossing, post office, 2 cottages and a small jetty.

The cottage has been borrowed from Camusfearna to illustrate the setting.

Beyond the tunnel will be the Cambletown fiddle yard.

Here is a shot of Concrete Bob stopped at the halt, there is still plenty to do, including backscene, walling, trees etc etc.

Thought I'd keep you posted. Hope you like.

Claggy

post-7043-127807031372_thumb.jpg

hi mike

looking good m8

Sorry its another post, should have put it with the last one.

I have been doing quite a bit on Druimdrishaig. This is my Duncraig on the Kyle line inspired small halt. Its only a coach and a half long. Still got tons to do but I think its coming on.

post-7043-127819181587_thumb.jpg

post-7043-127819182896_thumb.jpg

cheerio

Claggy

• Like 2

Thanks Adam. Going to put the station signs on and hopefully sort the AOCL this week.

Does anybody out there know when AOCL's were introduced? Us Cumbrian raiwlaymen rekon we got ours in the early 80's., not totally sure.

Also we havn't got one where the train is required to stand over the crossing, can only presume it wouldn't be a problem. Any thoughts.

37114 has indeed been given another Caolisport diagram.

0Z10 Eastfield-Mossend

6B22 Mossend-Caolisport New Yard

6T23 Caolisport New Yard-Cambletown (pick up set down Tarbert as required)

6T24 Cambletown-Caolisport New Yard

6K44 Caolisport New Yard-Mossend

0Z44 Mossend-Motherwell MPD

and thence off to IS

cheerio

Claggy

Us Cumbrian railwaymen

Honorary Cumbrian only old bean! wink.gif You're not lucky enough to count as an official marrow yet!

I like the new halt though - aren't station lamps a bit too First World for a little shack like that? I'd have thought a bench would have been a bit overkill in that part of the world. biggrin.gif

Hi,

As the FERRY isn't too far away now, I thought I'd share my Ferry rosters with youblink.gif . Almost said diagram theresmile.gif

Caolisport-Port Ellen for Islay service operated by Hebridean Isles

and the Jura, Mull service operated by Pioneer which now imagine won't appear but hey ho.

Caolisport to Port Ellen

Dep Caolisport 0900 1500 2130

Arr Port Ellen(Islay) 1100 1700 2330

Dep Port Ellen(Islay) 0600 1200 1745

Arr Caolisport 0800 1400 1945

Caolisport to Islay, Colonsay and Mull

Dep Caolisport 0745

Arr Port Askaig(for Jura) 0900

Dep Port Askaig(for Jura) 0930

Arr Scalasaig 1030

Dep Scalasaig 1100

Arr Fionnphort(Mull) 1215

Dep Fionnphort(Mull) 1345

Arr Scalasaig 1500

Dep Scalasaig 1530

Arr Port Askaig(for Jura) 1630

Dep Port Askaig(for Jura) 1700

Arr Caolisport 1810

The above means you could leave islay at 1745, catch the sleeper at aolisport and be in London for 0810 the next morning. Like wise you could leave London at 2000 and arrive Islay at 11am. Not bad eh!

cheerio

Claggy

Do you think BR will take my through booking at Sutton Coldfield, Claggy? I've not attempted such a thing since the demise of the car sleeper to Stirling ten years or so back, but these new Caolisport sailings make a trip very attractive. wink.gif

As with all BR sensible ticket pricing and policy a given. Where would you like to go Sir? Yes you can get a ferry or motor rail ticket with that if you wish.

Oh well!

Any way as if by magic.

37404 Ben Cruachan awaits the arrival of the ferry before leaving with the 2000 (1M23) sleepers. The loco will work it as far Dumbarton where it connects with Fort William portion. And thence 0Z23 to ED.

post-7043-127866941647.jpg

Cheerio

Claggy

• Like 2