RMweb

CAOLISPORT (1980's railway operations)

Clagmeister

What a great picture....captures that Scottish feel just right. :icon_thumbsup2:

What he said, 64B-Boy! This layout's one of my inspirations, not in its specifics (I'm as landlocked as you can get over there in Roxburghshire) but in the effortless way Caolisport just captures the essence of ScR byways. If I can achieve 45% of this I'll feel I'm doing well.

Not wanting to do a 'me too' post, but I really do want to add positive noise where it's due. Great stuff, and the arrival of the ferry will cause me much soul-searching to NOT contemplate a revisit of Fishguard & Goodwick circa '76.

Hi mike

just sum update pictures of Heb for you. i got the hull detail done so gave it a 1st cote off black.

Ps, I got your post! No more bookings as yet. Columba is problem, not a no go, but i cannot get any good detail pictures of her. I have a good portside shot, 1 looking at the bow from the front, and 1 looking at the stern from the back. So i can build her, just not to the detail i had hoped for.

post-6809-12582381632517_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12582382114953_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12582382312294_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12582382485004_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12582382675297_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I cannot believe how good that is. My railway really won't do it justicesad.gif

I'm actually quite pleased about that news on Columba. Its a lovely pretty ship but now I'm more clued up. Pioneer would now be boat of choice for the 2nd build. A bit smaller for your yard to do.

What are your thoughts on Pioneer?

cheerio

Claggy

I cannot believe how good that is. My railway really won't do it justicesad.gif

I'm actually quite pleased about that news on Columba. Its a lovely pretty ship but now I'm more clued up. Pioneer would now be boat of choice for the 2nd build. A bit smaller for your yard to do.

What are your thoughts on Pioneer?

cheerio

Claggy

hi mike

pioneer!! no probs m8

post-6809-12582893338047_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Harbour extension update. The new area of 'sea' measuring 130cmX100cm is now in and ready for painting. This should easily be big enough to get both Heb and Pioneer into. The ramp at the front is where the linkspan will be.

This is going to have to be good judging by the quality of the ferrys that are going to be berthed here.

post-7043-12586299632787_thumb.jpg

Also a couple of shots of Caolipsort new yard. The piles of clay slurry spillage await the silver bullets to arrive. Just need a few more detailing bits to finish the yard. It is used by Teallachs paper mill, West Highland Steel Stockholders and ship fuel for cal mac.

post-7043-12586301759211_thumb.jpg

Final one of 37409 Loch Awe standing at Caolisport after arrival in platform 1.

post-7043-12586302270179_thumb.jpg

cheerio for now

Claggy

• Like 1

? Great to see more progress. You are winding me up me showing photos of LL37s. I have the choose tomorrow to go to the GCR for 37314 or the NEC?. ? 

Just as a consolation,37425 along with three others are working out of Bescot tomorrow evening bond for the Cambrian, i just may have to call at Bescot on the way back to get my fix.

As for the ferry i gather you could use a full sized one up there!.? 

Gary

I'm alright but lots of friends have lost everything.

Cockermouth is devastated. The contents of the town is wrapped around trees and fences for 7 miles towards Workington. I'm also an ex policeman and have lost a well respected ex workmate.

Really depressing times here. And to top it off our rival to Warley, Workington Model Railway show is off.

Oh well back to the linkspan. Why does Carls boats have to be so damn good?blink.gif

cheerio

Mike

I'm alright but lots of friends have lost everything.

Cockermouth is devastated. The contents of the town is wrapped around trees and fences for 7 miles towards Workington. I'm also an ex policeman and have lost a well respected ex workmate.

Really depressing times here. And to top it off our rival to Warley, Workington Model Railway show is off.

Oh well back to the linkspan. Why does Carls boats have to be so damn good?blink.gif

cheerio

Mike

Hi mike

I am happy you??™re ok, but sorry for loss of your friend, I think all are old bridges need looking at for defects!! It should not have just fallen like that.

Everyone is saying its global warming making the sea levels rise; there is only so much water on the planet. I blame displacement, in the last 100 years, how many ship have sunk, millions of tons of steel displacing the water. All the new super ships displacing water, the Queen Mary 2 displaces 76,000 tonnes (approx) of water blink.gif that??™s just one shipangry.gif if it sank, it would displace 148,528 tonnes of water. So it displaces over 1/2 its weight. So i would not like to add up all the ships displaced water in the world. I bet it??™s a lot of water.

all that displaced water has to go somewhere!!! it go's upsad.gif sea levels go up, rivers back up as its got nowhere to go!! land mass floods

Did you know United Arad Emirates have built 3 sets of new islands of the coast of Dubai, there 3 miles wide, there called, The Palm Jumeira, The Palm Jebel Ali, and The world. All man made, displacing god knows how much water.

Glad you're OK, Mike. The loss of PC Barker was truly tragic, especially for the 4 children and wife he leaves behind.

We're OK here too, we're too high up to be affected. Fortunately, most of our friends in Cockermouth live fairly high up as well, but I do know one couple (in Derwentside Gardens) who will have been flooded. I did think when they bought the house only a few years ago that they were foolish. She said at the time that the last time the place flooded the water "only" reached up to next door. That is just too close to call. Why they allow houses to be built in places like that is beyond me, prime land or not. Watching footage of Cockermouth Main Street being flooded seems to be becoming depressingly familiar.

Your ship is coming along superbly, but don't tell Carl I told you that. laugh.gif laugh.gif We are currently considering moving to Mockerkin where I would have most of a double garage to play with. biggrin.gif Not sure whether it will come off but Waverley West with an extension to Oban does sound incredibly tempting. I believe they did run direct trains between the two stations at times.

Cheers for now,

Dave

Waverley West

• 1 month later...

Some new pics.

First one from an in promtu depot open day at Caolisport, with a good line up of 37/4s

post-7043-12615181907299_thumb.jpg

A couple of 37409 at Camusfearna with new cottage just put in. The fisherman/general scruffy chap likes old landrovers, tractors and other clutter.

post-7043-12615182904122_thumb.jpg

post-7043-12615183115809_thumb.jpg

post-7043-12615183301286_thumb.jpg

And lastly 37406 with a short engineers working to Tarbert from Caolisport on a Sunday morning. If you were alseep in the cottage you wouldn't be after the train had rattled by.

post-7043-12615184394023_thumb.jpg

cheerio for now

Ober/Claggy

• Like 1