DCC Concepts Motive Power Depot problem

Needing a large 'virtual turntable' for my large locomotives that can also be used to transfer groups of wagons to a 'virtual siding' I have just received delivery of a DCC Concepts 360mm Motive Power Depot and there is a problem which I hope is just a rogue item.

My track is Kato Unitrack HO scale and I checked the 369mm straight and it is in gauge and really straight, not curved or warped. The MPD gauge varies from end to end and the plastic end pieces differ in width by 1mm, the images will show the problem.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

IMG_8238.JPG

IMG_8239.JPG

IMG_8240.JPG

IMG_8241.JPG

If you have access to a vernier caliper I'd suggest measuring the gauge of the MPD at each end. If they are different it would suggest a faulty product. If that's the case, contact DCC Concepts direct - in my experience as a customer they are very helpful.

I contacted DCC Concepts with several images. They swiftly replied and asked me to return the item for examination and sent me a paid postal label. I posted it last Friday 2nd class tracked so it might have not arrived yet. Fingers crossed🤞

I have several old style Peco Loco Lefts and use one of them as a virtual turntable and for moving groups of 3 wagons to/from storage track on a shelf. I opted for the MPD 360mm to accommodate extra long wagons  and also a rather nice Hornby Fowler 2-6-4T loco in LMS crimson Livery which I am converting to radio control. My old hands can't do fiddly stuff any more so I am going to permanently attach a short luggage van containing the fiddly bits and run it as a steam special.

Plan B might be to use 3 new Peco lifts but at 450mm it is too long. Plan C is to consider re boxing 2 locomotives and trying to knock something together from their loco lifts.

Edited by wasdavetheroad